Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu shots page 5

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't like getting shots unless they're absolutely crucial, so I don't get the flu shot. I was talking to my coworkers the other day (our boss had sent out an email about the flu) and I said very casually, "It's not like I'm going to die from it!"

And then I read this article later that night. She lived in the same city as I do, went to the same school, was the same age and was in good health.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    So you are saying that I should take the risk of having mercury (and god knows what else) injected in my arm in order to protect others from disease? Gee, no thanks.
    I work in a mercury research lab, and I'm fairly certain the form of mercury in vaccines is not toxic to humans. Monomethyl mercury is what we should be worried about, and I'm pretty sure that's not in vaccines. I could be mistaken, since my research is not focused in pharmacy, but I wouldn't worry.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I've never had a flu shot that I can remember and never had the flu. DH got the flu the first year we were married and I still didn't get it - although his doctor did send Tamiflu for me as I was a school teacher. I substitute taught in PreK-HS classrooms, so was in 2-3 different classrooms each week and we all know how well parents do keeping their children home when sick. But even back then on a CW diet, I never got the flu. DH got the flu shot when DS was a baby and ended up with pneumonia that year. I believe he had a flu shot the year he had the flu as well. I have a 2 and 4 yr old and they will never again get the shot, my 2yo never got it. We did other vaccinations, but I just can't understand getting a shot with so many possible side effects that is notoriously ineffective.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    A couple of comments on this, mainly because I have been debating this with someone online on another board.
    First off, and speaking of vaccines in general, when it comes to the CW way of eating, nobody dishes out the bullshit on this than does the government and big medical/pharma establishment. I think most of us have started doing variations of the PB way of living because we have seen through the bullshit and found our own way.

So given that, why would we disregard 90% of the CW way and the lies associated with it but believe the hype, from these same people, about getting vaccinated? For anything?

Second, when you look into the “horror” stories of the current flu epidemic, a few facts seem to work their way to the surface. Often what you find out is that a) the people dying often have underlying medical conditions that would exacerbate the flu and b) often the people that die went to the hospital, were admitted and ended up dying of a pneumonia or staph infection that they likely got in the hospital. This begs the question, if they had stayed away from the hospital, stayed at home and taken care of themselves, would they have lived? Not a provable point but a point worth making.

And speaking about vaccines in general, when I was growing up in the 50s/60s, I only remember getting the smallpox and polio vaccine and I got the usual childhood diseases and guess what? I survived as did all my friends. I think our immunity systems were strong for having being exposed to those diseases.

Back in the late 70s, I started working in emergency medical services and I have been exposed to about ever disease you can think of including active TB and I didn’t get sick then and I rarely get sick now. All without the “help” of various chemicals pumped into my bodies under the name of “vaccines”.

I have spent most of the last 17 years working in what would be called 3rd world countries and I don’t get sick beyond the occasional short bit of dysentery that usually last less than 24 hours and is far from being debilitating.

So for me is that I prefer to keep my immunity system robust, avoid putting chemicals into my body either orally or through injections and I seem to be just fine without them, thank you very must.

Now with my luck, watch me get the flu tomorrow.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Vaccination has virtually eradicated a laundry list of ghastly infections, spared us unimaginable suffering and saved countless lives.
    Please direct me to the literature that guided your decision.

Seriously. I'm fascinated as to what drives this mindset in the face of all logic, research, empirical evidence and common sense.
    To the contrary, our mass survival has begun to spell out the sentence of our demise.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Tone it down folks. Rule #1: Be nice, be civil, and don't call people names.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    And healthcare workers are being fired for not getting the shot...I'm a medical transcriptionist and left my hospital job to work for a transcription service after the flu shot was made mandatory. Mandatory really means mandatory, too--folks seem to think you can just say "oh, it's against my religion" and there's no problem, but from what I see in articles like this one Brave Nurses Lose Jobs to Stand on Principle and Refuse Forced Vaccinations | Health Impact News and from my experience at my previous employer, that is simply not the case. At my previous job, if you wanted to claim a religious exemption, you had to fill out a form stating your religion and who your religious leader is; then the company would decide if your claim was "legitimate." Anyone else have any issues with that? I sure did.
    Last edited by honeypig; 01-22-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Over here, we can get a Dr to a sign a Conscience Objector form (for religious, or whatever reason), then we can't be hassled by places for not vaccinating.
    But no-one is allowed to discriminate against non-vaccinated children from schools/daycares etc. But if there is an outbreak they can ask you to take your child home (of course I would not send them if sick, but would def take them home if others were sick).

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Over here, we can get a Dr to a sign a Conscience Objector form (for religious, or whatever reason), then we can't be hassled by places for not vaccinating.
    But no-one is allowed to discriminate against non-vaccinated children from schools/daycares etc. But if there is an outbreak they can ask you to take your child home (of course I would not send them if sick, but would def take them home if others were sick).

What crap!
    Schools - both day care and primary, have the right to refuse a child entry if the relevant vaccinations haven't been ticked off in the child's blue book. Its not discrimination, it's plain common sense. Many human carriers of disease show no symptoms whilst walking around infecting others.

On the subject of religious exclusion, diseases that were virtually eliminated in parts of north Africa and the middle east are once again on the comeback due to pressure (intimidation) from islam that western funded vaccinations programs are some kind of Jewish conspiracy. Religion has zero right to claim any form of exclusion.

My original question remains unanswered however.
    What drove your decision to not vaccinate.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    To the contrary, our mass survival has begun to spell out the sentence of our demise.
    About 98% of all species that ever existed on earth have become extinct.
    What makes you think we're any different?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast