Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu shots page 2

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I didn't get a flu shot this year as I learned that unless you can get an individual dose vaccine (I tried but it wasn't available), you will be exposed to preservatives, including mercury. Since I'm older, my doc had even recommended a double dose now available for seniors. Well, I didn't do it and now am reading news stories saying that if you haven't gotten it, you'd better as it is going to be bad.

What do yo think? Did you get a flu shot or do you think the vaccine carries more risk than benefit?
    just take general precautions

wash your hands frequently, don't rub your eyes or nose or mouth right after coming in contact with other peoples stuff, if someone coughs in your vicinity then hold your breath while glaring at them and forking the evil eye
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Fair enough. I believe that a viral infection can strengthen the immune system.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Fair enough. I believe that a viral infection can strengthen the immune system.
    This is true.

One more thing:

Thimerosal neurotoxicity is associated with ... [Neurotoxicology. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by older, but I'm close to the age where doctors strongly advise getting it. I'm going to wait. My grandmother waited 'til she was about 80 to get it annually; my mom got it at 70 but she was a Type2 diabetic and felt she should be cautious about other things. So, I may get it in about 20 years, but not yet, even though to some, I'm older.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    The last time I had the flu was about 10 years ago, which was in my fat & sick pre-primal days. I never get the vaccine. I just make sure I get plenty of vitamin D, wash my hands, eat healthy, and lift heavy things.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Spanish flu was caused by vaccinations. The only ones who did not get Spanish flu were the ones who declined the vaccine.
    Just how many people in the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu pandemic do you think were offered flu vaccine before its first use in the 1940ies? I think you'll find the only ones who did not get Spanish Flu were those who did not get Spanish Flu.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    From a purely probability perspective.... there are thousands of flu strains out there.... the annual flu vaccine was produced for 3 or 4 of them...... the ones the "experts" predict are the best suspects for causing disease. It takes @ 6 months to brew, package, and distribute the vaccine..... What is the probablility that the "experts" got it right this year????? About as good as last year and the year before, yada yada yada....... the best defense against the flu is a healthy immune system.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Wow, thank you all for your responses. You've strengthened my resolve to stick to my decision. I'm 67 and eat well (grass fed/organic 90% of the time), exercise (weights 3x a week plus walking) and take some supplements. You have all made great points that have helped me stop reconsidering my original decision. Thanks!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Just how many people in the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu pandemic do you think were offered flu vaccine before its first use in the 1940ies? I think you'll find the only ones who did not get Spanish Flu were those who did not get Spanish Flu.
    http://www.whale.to/vaccine/sf1.html
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I'm 50. Ever since I got my D3 blood level up to 60-80 ng/ml, I haven't been sick at all. Over 3 years now...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast