Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Healthy Fats page 3

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    There is a whole bunch of us on here doing that actually, and its working, so where is the problem?

manoseao is offline Junior Member
    You might be surprised, and could just be really low on the fat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    There is a whole bunch of us on here doing that actually, and its working, so where is the problem?
    I meant in the world, not on the PB forum.

Ok so 99% of the world population eats between 20-40% of their diet from fat. So there has to be more to a healthy digestion then just fat, fat and more fat.

Maybe its working for you now but i highly doubt you will be able to sustain it forever without some health issues popping up.

I never said it was only about digestion. Avoiding grains and fake fats/fake foods is of course going to help.
    And if you say so. Don't see how I will have health problems, by only eating real foods but OK and avoiding chemicals as much as I can.
    Anyway not arguing with you.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    “The antagonism between fat and sugar that Randle described can involve the suppression of sugar oxidation when the concentration of fats in the bloodstream is increased by eating fatty food, or by releasing fats from the tissues by lipolysis, but it can also involve the suppression of fat oxidation by inhibiting the release of fatty acids from the tissues, when a sufficient amount of sugar is eaten.”

“On the organismic level, it explains why estrogen mimics “shock,” releasing histamine and activating the nervous and glandular stress response system. The inefficiency of metabolism which doesn’t use oxygen in the normal way causes glucose to be used rapidly, and this in itself is enough to trigger the release of pituitary ACTH and adrenal cortisol. The ACTH, and related hormones, liberate free fatty acids, which cells take up instead of glucose, and this (in the so-called Randall cycle) further limits the body’s ability to oxidize glucose.”

Glucose produces more carbon dioxide

"In old age, a person's life expectancy strongly depends on the amount of oxygen that can be used. When the mitochondria can't use oxygen vigorously, cells must depend on inefficient glycolysis for their energy."

Free fatty acids in the bloodstream promote insulin resistance, and negatively affect muscle glycogen synthesis.

Free fatty acids and insulin ... [Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    KGNU La Vida! Challenges in Healthy Living

Now does this look like a guy who has "health issues" from a low carb diet? He gets 75% of his calories from fat, has been doing so for more than 20 years now. He also bikes over 2,000 miles a year and regularly climbs mountains. At the age of 65.

It doesn't work for everyone, maybe, but that's no reason to scare people off of trying it. With the right preparation it can work. Now, I'm sick and tired of this "low carb is bad, mmmmk" mentality derailing every thread.

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

thanks Drumroll.
    Its all about finding the version of primal that works for you.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    thanks Drumroll.
    Its all about finding the version of primal that works for you.
    Exactly. It is not "one size fits all" and yet some people around here preach that mentality like it's a broken record.

Well, I won't try and stop them, I'll just keep offering up counter examples.

Find what works for you, whatever it is, and keep it up. It really is that simple.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatMD View Post
    So yesterday i was listening to the Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness podcast with Sarah Fragoso and Jason Seib and a lady asked why she wasnt making regular bowel movements and she described what she was eating. So they said she wasnt ingesting enough fats, and i feel i havnt either. The question is what are a list of healthy fats i can eat.

Food log from yesterday

breakfast
    3 scrambled eggs with spinach, with a little bit of cheddar cheese, and 5 pieces of bacon

Post work out
    sweet potato and a banana

lunch
    2 turkey burgers with lettuce, mozzarella cheese, and a hand full of cashews.

dinner
    4 pieces of baked chicken tendors and salad.

snack
    cocoa smoothie

can of coconut milk
    4 tbls of cococa
    hand full of ice
    and a drizzle of maple syrup

What could i have added to this day.
    This doesn't look that low fat to me. If you're concerned just put some butter on your sweet potato and use a little more fat when you cook your chicken. If the coconut milk you are using is full fat you're probably getting enough. And don't forget sour cream!

Timthetaco Guest
    Thanks for the link. I've been meaning to research FFAs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast