Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying Grass-Fed Beef page 3

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Paleobird;1059288]

Thank you very much. I'll phone tomorrow morning, and if he's not there, I'll wait until Feb.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I was thinking of stopping at Polyface on the way home from a trip to Georgia this spring, but Smith Meadows has a B&B! Hmm...need to rethink this trip back, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Ummm... Take me with you?
    Lol, I'll have to see what DH thinks about that.

I'm actually really impressed that they are so diverse, but none of their packages include a farm tour for food nerds. I may have to ask about that.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Lol, I'll have to see what DH thinks about that.

I'm actually really impressed that they are so diverse, but none of their packages include a farm tour for food nerds. I may have to ask about that.
    The lady that mans the booth at my local market has encouraged me to stop by and see the farm. They don't have structured tours, but you're allowed to visit and walk the farm and watch farmhands at work if I recall from what she said. People watch them work and ask questions from what I believe she said.

They also have a country store on the farm which is "by honor system" I think she mentioned. Prices listed, but nobody is manning the store so you take the food and leave the money on the desk. That's a pretty chill way to approach things, don't you agree?

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    All beef we eat I order from Lacense beef, they ship for free if u buy enough, and $25. off the first order, plus deals all thru the yr.
    It is really delicious, osso bucco today, fall off the bone tender, plus very humane treatment of the animals.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    For online purchases, I've been very pleased with Slankers: ONLINE MEAT STORE
    Especially the 78%! grassfed ground beef and all their prepared stuff are great: sausages, hotdogs, etc.
    Plus read his website, he's a total primal/paleo nut (nut in the good sense of the term.), he loves the fat.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I bought from Alhambra Valley Ranch! I love their products, and the owners are very nice

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Paleobird;1059288]Mailing address: EdenTropics.com

Thank you so much, we'll be picking up 1/2 a cow tomorrow. Our son and his wife are coming also, we'll each get 1/4. At 75 we eat a lot less than we used to. It would take over a year for us to eat 1/2 a cow.

When our children were growing up they were in 4H and later FFA. We have raised cows, pigs, goats, rabbits and chickens. They were all grain fed but with NO medical additives. The meat was excellent and the cows were USDA prime. Buying meat products at a 4H fair is cheap and supports the education. BUT - they are under the FDA and USDA. In those days we, a faimly of 4, could wolf down 1/2 a cow, 1 pig, 2 goats, 1 lamb, and 20 chickens in under 6 months. I had a huge commercial freezer at that time. Life has really changed for us. Our children are now over 50 and still in great health.

huskerbob is offline Junior Member
    Check your local Craigs List under Farm and Garden. I did and I found several farms/ranches either local or within an easy drive. The beef/pork/poultry may not be a lot cheaper the stuff you'll find on the web but it is local and I can avoid the expensive of shipping.

good luck!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    They also have a country store on the farm which is "by honor system" I think she mentioned. Prices listed, but nobody is manning the store so you take the food and leave the money on the desk. That's a pretty chill way to approach things, don't you agree?
    There's a farm in Georgetown, DE that does the same thing. They only raise chickens, but stock their stand with pork and beef from farms further south. It's far enough away that we don't go there regularly, but I love to visit. They have chickens that lay blue and green shelled eggs which is pretty cool too.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

angdimaggio is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How did you like your transaction with Eden Farms? I have heard both sides... I was thinking of placing an order soon. Thanks!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast