Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying Grass-Fed Beef page 2

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Found another site to help your search American Grassfed Association

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    eatwild.com lists 3 Grass-fed ranches in Alaska. How about that!
    Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll check that out!
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Paleobird Guest
    Where did you buy it from? Please
    It's a place called Eden Tropics in Temecula CA. That is about half way between San Diego and LA.

I've purchased from about a dozen (or more) farms that raise their cattle on pasture, using humane and sustainable methods. Quite a few of those I found out about from eatwild, some I came across at farmers' markets or other gatherings.

Some folks may need to rely on mail order, but with so many local options, it's important to me to patronize farms whose livestock is of superior quality, and farmers whose methodology aligns with my ethical priorities and who offer excellent service. In general, the farmers I've dealt with have been very patient, have been happy to show me their farm operations, explaining what goes into every aspect of what they do. I buy monthly from a farm that offers beef, pork, eggs, wild salmon, and chicken (they deliver!), and will go regularly to another farm that offers those items plus lamb, goat, raw milk, and specialty sausages. There are farmers' market vendors that I will check out if I run out in-between.

It's all about what's important to you, but I think having a good relationship with a local farmer, to be able to actually walk their fields and see their livestock with your own eyes, is a pretty good deal.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It's a place called Eden Tropics in Temecula CA. That is about half way between San Diego and LA.
    How Annoying - my Windows 7 PC blocks their website as Dangerous. Can you give me therir phone number and address?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Finnegans Wake

Of the ones that ship, which farm's meat do you prefer?

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I buy most of my grass-fed/pastured stuff from these folks who sell at my local farmer's market on Sundays: Smith Meadows:
    I was thinking of stopping at Polyface on the way home from a trip to Georgia this spring, but Smith Meadows has a B&B! Hmm...need to rethink this trip back, maybe.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I was thinking of stopping at Polyface on the way home from a trip to Georgia this spring, but Smith Meadows has a B&B! Hmm...need to rethink this trip back, maybe.
    Ummm... Take me with you?

staceydb is offline Junior Member
    If there is no grass fed, grass finished beef available in your area, visit Grass Fed Beef - Grassfed Steaks - Beef Jerky - Humane Certified which is the home of Rain Crow Ranch. I bought a 1/4 steer from them last summer. Even though the beef arrived on an extremely hot day, it was all perfectly frozen. I found their pricing to be on par with what I could get in my state even with the shipping. Very nice beef.

Paleobird Guest
    How Annoying - my Windows 7 PC blocks their website as Dangerous. Can you give me therir phone number and address?
    Mailing address: EdenTropics.com

27315 Carancho Rd
    Temecula
    California

The owner is Tarek Ayoub. His contact info is:
    Phone: 951-375-6294
    Email: tarek1151@yahoo.com

p.s. They are leaving momentarily for a vacation in Egypt. So, be understanding if it takes a bit for them to get back to you. They will be home agin about the first of February. All the correspondence I have had with them has been very prompt and friendly.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-11-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast