Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post pregnancy & not losing any weight page 2

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Be patient with yourself. Your baby is still little right now... very little. You'll have time--months, years--in the future to shed those last few baby pounds. For now, just love yourself and your body and what it's capable of it. I know that sounds very earth-mothery which is not my style, lol, but I truly believe the first year after having a baby is full of all kinds of major changes. You have a lot going on right now. Be patient with yourself.

In my experience, it took me forever (almost 2 years) to lose the post baby weight with Baby #1, and I never really lost it all (5 pounds clung stubbornly). With baby #2, the weight melted right off effortlessly, like I'd had liposuction, and I got down to a weight I never thought I'd see again. In neither case did I exercise, and in both I was eating the SAD. My point? Sometimes our bodies do what they want post-baby, and there's not a whole lot we can do about it either way.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the posts everyone.

The replies have really helped me. I know my body is still a bit wonky after pregnancy. Just didn't imagine that losing weight again was going to be stalled because of it.
    It sucks, but I'll keep chugging along and hope that something starts to happen sooner rather than later.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Have you tried supplementing with Vitex? Here's an article about it: VITEX Chasteberry A supreme hormonal tonic for women

You can buy it pretty cheap online: Nature's Way Vitex (Chaste Tree) Caps - Best Price
    My homeschooling mom, doula blog: http://naturalparentingsupport.blogspot.com

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ZB thanks for the clarification. I forgot about the whole "young baby = not a lot of sleep" bit, haha. It's a bit absurd that doctors are reluctant to treat post-pregnancy bodies. I mean, yes, it may take some time for an individual to bounce back (not the same for everyone), but people could still have something wrong that doesn't right itself! Meh. Doctors. They piss me off.
    It's mostly a matter of ruling out "this might be normal stuff" as opposed to medicating up front. Really risky stuff that goes well outside the norm *will* be treated very quickly by most doctors -- such as pst partum depression and any pre-existing hormonal condition (though usually other than PCOS). but otherwise, they see if pregnancy stuff normalizes, and then will treat it after the fact.

Ia ctually consider it fairly responsible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12