Thread: Homemade Almond milk vs. Whole milk page

faw1001 is offline Junior Member

Homemade Almond milk vs. Whole milk

Shop Now
    Which is better - homemade almond milk or store bought full cream milk?

I know for carbs and cals the almond milk wins hands down so i have been replacing most of the milk I used with almond milk but I am not sure if this is the best thing to do.....

I am consuming about 2 - 2.5 litres of almond milk a week

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Almond milk: not even once

I would drink the milk of a cow fed moldy grains and candy bar wrappers(poor cow T_T) than touch anything made with almonds
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Homemade almond milk by far. Unless you're looking to bulk up, pasteurized/homogenized dairy is probably not a good idea. Homemade almond milk will have none of the junk that store-bought almond milk has. Almond milk is a light beverage with little caloric impact and some nutritional benefits.

Most commercial almond milk is full of junk ingredients (just read the label).

I'm not a fan of CAFO-produced industrial milk, and in the US at least if it's not labeled organic it's going to have growth hormones. There is also some research that suggests that the homogenization process destroys the healthful fats in milk. However, if you can find a local producer that raises his cows on pasture, get grass-fed cow's milk; I have access to raw, whole, unhomogenized milk and find it far superior to any of the stuff sold in grocery stores.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    That depends on your body, your taste buds, your goals, and the quality of both the almonds you can source and the milk available to you.

I use both at the house, as I have a mix of people here who are variously allergic to animal dairy or not, like the taste or not, and so on.

You might do the same. Almond for some uses, the best cow milk you can find for some others. "Best" for me is a problematic term, unless you tell us more about why you need to choose one over the other - weight loss? Looking to go keto? Juggling fatty acid profiles?

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Raw milk sales are supposed to be legal in your country. Look for a farm near you and get the good stuff.