Thread: Anyone found any store bought protien bars that are primal? page

robss is offline Senior Member

Anyone found any store bought protien bars that are primal?

Primal Fuel
    I saw the primal protien bar recipe on this site and it looks delicious. However, I was wondering if anyone has found any good store bought protien bars that fit the PB?

Also, I don't have a food processor. What could I use instead to make the primal protein bars?
    Oh and I hate coconut; the bars will still stick together if I don't use the coconut right?

Thanks!
    Robin =)

trikate is offline Junior Member
    I have found one. I've seen it at Trader Joes and even Starbucks. its a fruit and nut bar. you can visibly see all the fruits and nuts However, there is also honey and some people PB people don't like that! its good in a pinch.

Are they by the brand Kind? Are they ok even though there's 16 grams of carbs and 12 grams of sugar?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    YouBars can be ordered online. You choose the ingredients and can make them primal. Pricy, though -- I've heard around $4/bar!

Many flavors of LaraBars contain all primal ingredients, but are rather high carb due to all the fruit (most are almost 30g).
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I don't use any sugar or artificial sweeteners, and I've 'created' You Bars twice--with great results. They're expensive, but I only use bars for traveling (which is not too often), so it's worth it to me.

I just made my own primal you bar! emmie, what ingredients did you put in your primal you bar? Here's mine:
    Base: YouBar Base (almonds and organic dates)
    Protein Powders: Whey (Milk) Protein (more protein)
    Nuts/Seeds: Almonds & Organic Flaxseeds
    Fruits/Berries: Organic Dried Apple (less fruit)
    Sweeteners: Organic Clover Honey (less sweet)
    Seasonings: Cinnamon & Natural Unsweetened Cocoa
    Grains: None
    InFUsions: All-One Vitamin Infusion

It's mainly primal ingredients, but it still contains 19g of carbs and 13g of sugar

emmie is offline Senior Member
    The first time I made them, the only carby thing was the dates (minimal amount), and they were delicious. But I try to avoid all fruit and other sweeteners, and I wanted to get the carb count down, so the second time I made them with almond butter, whey protein, almonds/walnuts, cinnamon & natural unsweetened cocoa.

Most people might find these too bitter (I liked them), and they were just a little "crumbly." But I would order these again anytime. I don't remember exactly, but I think I had about 4 g carbs and 11g protein (small bars).

As I look at this 'recipe,' I could probably make them myself, but since I use them so rarely, it's easier for me to order them and get an exact count of everything.

I redid my bars and didn't add any honey or anything as a sweetener and chose the small size and I got the carb count down to 13g and the sugar down to 9g (both presumably from the dates in the base and the organic apples). I can't wait to get them in the mail and try them!