Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rate my breakfast page 4

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    oh wait so 30% fat, and 60-80 % carbs? Where is the protein?
    I'm pretty low protein(50g or so). 30% is a high fat day, I'm usually much lower. Carbs is 300-400g
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    And is that all from veg?
    Or are you not primal and eating grains?
    I see in the other thread you willingly eat refined sugar, so guessing so.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    And is that all from veg?
    Or are you not primal and eating grains?
    I see in the other thread you willingly eat refined sugar, so guessing so.
    He's posted about the benefits of grains before, though I don't know if that means he personally eats them. I'm guessing yes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Mark is wrong. Quote from Matt Stone, because I like how he words things:

"Yes, you heard that right. In Mark Sisson’s book, The Primal Blueprint, he shows a little chart with carbohydrate levels ideal for weight loss, weight maintenance, and the levels of carbohydrate intake that lead to, in his words, “insidious weight gain.” Get above 150 grams of carbohydrates per day in your diet and you enter the danger zone. I have said this many times and I will say it again – in all the information I’ve ever read on nutrition and health, this could very well be the dumbest and most unsubstantiated tidbit I’ve ever come across. It is downright retarded, with 5 billion…. 5 BILLION living exceptions to the rule that a carbohydrate intake exceeding 150 grams per day triggers insidious weight gain. This is just plain stupid. I couldn’t even believe my eyes when I read it. This guy is, and should be, the laughingstock of anyone who studies obesity or nutritional science. He completely undermines his credibility as an intelligent person with this one uber-knuckleheaded and poorly-thought out conclusion.

Let me tell you how I really feel about it… 99% of the 5 BILLION lean people alive on planet earth right now, most of them living in Africa and Asia, eat far more than 150 grams of carbohydrates per day. Meanwhile, countries like the United States enjoy one of the lowest carbohydrate diets in the world – barely getting 50% of their dietary calories from carbohydrates while everyone else on earth aside from the Masai, Eskimo, and some Europeans that also have serious obesity problems get far more of their dietary calories from carbohydrates. The Chinese eat more than 400 grams of carbohydrates per day. Every species of primate gets 70% or more of their dietary calories from carbohydrates.

150 grams of carbohydrates. Ha. It has been a couple of months since I’ve even eaten a MEAL with fewer than 150 grams of carbohydrates. I’ve got at least 150 grams of carbs in me by 9am each day, and often 400 grams or more by noon."

Not primal, no. It's also not hard to get that level of carbs eating fruit(such as dates), some starch, milk, etc
    I missed this.
    All I can say is whatever, and again, why are you even on this forum.
    The people on here, do follow this lifestyle, and don't need idiots like you coming here telling us its wrong.

Is it not good enough evidence how much better we feel, and how much weight many have lost already?

And those who still are eating higher carbs in other countries are probably getting them from fruits and veg, and not nasty grains, or fake foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    He's posted about the benefits of grains before, though I don't know if that means he personally eats them. I'm guessing yes though.
    This tool is driving me batty.
    I come here to learn more about this lifestyle and see others improved lives from eating this way.
    Why do losers want to ruin it for others.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    You have to be joking right?
    Are you even primal at all?
    Hmmm, seem like "primal" for some people is only an excuse for eating very greazy food, fatty bacon and cheese, swallowed down with cups of bulletproof coffee. If that's "primal" to you, then good luck by that...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 01-11-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I never posted about benefits of grains, you're mixing me up with Zach. I'll eat them rarely because they don't do a damn thing to me, but they're sort of boring sponge-like food to me. Not sweet enough.

I'll take some white rice though.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    And those who still are eating higher carbs in other countries are probably getting them from fruits and veg, and not nasty grains, or fake foods.
    I'm loathe to say this, but have you ever eaten Eathiopian (and basically most African cuisines from that general region)? Chock full of legumes, and that bread (usually the bulk of calories on their plate) which is pretty much always made from genetically modified wheat that is shipped over by humanitarian aid or grown cheaply on large farms.

Asian cultures and their obsession with rice and noodles (increasingly being made of wheat instead of rice - Udon being a good example of wheat noodle).

Wheat bread (naan) and rice are eaten on the same plate forming between them, the bulk of calories for poor, rural Indians who can't afford meat and many of them are vegetarians anyway...

While I can't say I think it's healthy (I don't) Derp is still technically right.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Not primal, no.
    So, other than having a crush on me, what are you doing here again?

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    So, other than having a crush on me, what are you doing here again?
    This is what I want to know.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast