Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is/has dealt with the flu this year and tips to adapt page 3

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Getting sick at least once a year is actually good for your immune system. It keeps it primed to attack the bad bugs and busy enough to lower the chances of attacking your body.

The boyfriends and husband's that eat like crap and aren't getting sick likely have high inflammation levels that keep the small things at bay but will fail sometime and the consequences will be much more profound, like cancer.

To add to the flu v cold conversation. I've had true influenza once and I thought I might die, seriously. I was going to call my ex-dh to take me to the emergency room but I knew that wouldn't be able to do anything so I laid in bed for a week and crossed my fingers.

To ward off sickness when it first begins, you have a few options. Echinacea and zinc are effective if taken with 24-48 hours of exposure, while Oregon Grape root is better if it's already set in. A Chinese formula called Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Ghi Zhi Tang) is safe and very effective if taken at the first signs like a tiny bit of fatigue, a little scratch in the throat, and/or sneezing. Get under lots of blankets and you know it worked if you sweat. Elderberry and garlic are always good.

ETA: I AM NOT A DOCTOR. THESE ARE THINGS MY PROFESSORS HAVE SAID OR I'VE READ ON THE INTERNET. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
    Last edited by jkr; 01-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.

gmarkos319 is offline Junior Member
    Did you guys get flu shots?? I will never again, especially after a guest writer on my blog told me of some research she dug up and its actually scary. Clean eating and healthy living is the only way to go.
    If you want to read her guest post you can check it out here

gmarkos319 is offline Junior Member
    Oh and just as a disclaimer neither of us are doctors so read and use at your own discretion as well! Be sure to watch the video at the end of the blog too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123