Thread: Cigars page

ny2001miata is offline Junior Member

Cigars

Any primal cigar smokers out there? I like to light up a good stogie once or twice a week, usually a Rocky Patel Vintage Second or JR Ultimate. Any changes in your cigar experiences since you went primal? I actually haven't smoked one since I went primal around a month ago but this weekend I will fire up a Rocky. If all goes well I might chase it down with a couple fingers of Scotch. Hey, we can't be good all the time!

Beef Cake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ny2001miata View Post
    Any primal cigar smokers out there? I like to light up a good stogie once or twice a week, usually a Rocky Patel Vintage Second or JR Ultimate. Any changes in your cigar experiences since you went primal? I actually haven't smoked one since I went primal around a month ago but this weekend I will fire up a Rocky. If all goes well I might chase it down with a couple fingers of Scotch. Hey, we can't be good all the time!
    Don't feel too bad about the Scotch...it is a Respectable Middling Choice according to Mark Sisson: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-alcohol/

As far as cigars, yes. Padron Anniversary Pyramid's are my favorites. My "everyday smokers" although I don't smoke but once a week, are either Fuente's, CAO's or regular Padron (maduro's). I haven't noticed any real changes, other than not indulging but once a week with a nice Highland's Single Malt, typically 18 year old McClelland unless I run out, then it is Knob Creek Bourbon.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I'm a girl, but LOVE cigars. We usually get Partagas, or Romeo Y Julieta <3

JohnOTD is offline Member
    Surprisingly, living in the USVI, I've found a WONDERFUL shop. The guy who runs it gives discounts on sticks that don't sell well here (usually good stuff because people come through here on vacation and just want a cigar for that special occasion, not real smokers) if you buy what he has left. I got some excaliburs that he's had in his humidor for 10 years (he keeps it at 70/70) that are fantastic(!) at 5 bucks a stick. He also carries Opus X which is pretty hard to find but he has the full line here. Says it took him 15 years to get them, which is actually a short amount of time for those amazing smokes.
    www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    I'm a girl, but LOVE cigars. We usually get Partagas, or Romeo Y Julieta <3
    Good stuff. I don't know why more girls don't smoke cigars, I think it's sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post
    Don't feel too bad about the Scotch...it is a Respectable Middling Choice according to Mark Sisson: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-alcohol/

As far as cigars, yes. Padron Anniversary Pyramid's are my favorites. My "everyday smokers" although I don't smoke but once a week, are either Fuente's, CAO's or regular Padron (maduro's). I haven't noticed any real changes, other than not indulging but once a week with a nice Highland's Single Malt, typically 18 year old McClelland unless I run out, then it is Knob Creek Bourbon.
    I promised myself a bottle of Cragganmore when I finally hit 199, very tasty. Only another ten pound to go and they're going fast.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOTD View Post
    Surprisingly, living in the USVI, I've found a WONDERFUL shop. The guy who runs it gives discounts on sticks that don't sell well here (usually good stuff because people come through here on vacation and just want a cigar for that special occasion, not real smokers) if you buy what he has left. I got some excaliburs that he's had in his humidor for 10 years (he keeps it at 70/70) that are fantastic(!) at 5 bucks a stick. He also carries Opus X which is pretty hard to find but he has the full line here. Says it took him 15 years to get them, which is actually a short amount of time for those amazing smokes.
    There are no good tobacconists by me so I have to buy my cigars online. Never had an Opus X, I hear they're excellent.