Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 55 of 55

Thread: U.S. News Diet Rankings '13 (Take a guess) page 6

  1. #51
    Gay Panda's Avatar
    Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Magical Bamboo Forest
    Posts
    3,346
    Primal Fuel
    I knew he had a ton of 'co-authors', but it makes much more sense that he just shoots a fart bubble with an idea in it to other writers and they do the brunt of the work.

    But where is the fun in that? I love the process of putting books together, everything from those initial notes to the final edits. Handing those notes off to someone else and then having the book published with my name on it would feel very weird.

    * sure he consoles himself with his many millions *

  2. #52
    Kata's Avatar
    Kata is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    307
    [QUOTE=Gay Panda;1060862I can't decide if I should read The Silmarillion next. I think Lady Friend has a copy, but I don't remember her liking it that much.[/QUOTE]

    The Silmarillion is basically a history textbook, and it's about as much fun as reading one. (Unless you like history like me)

  3. #53
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I knew he had a ton of 'co-authors', but it makes much more sense that he just shoots a fart bubble with an idea in it to other writers and they do the brunt of the work.

    But where is the fun in that? I love the process of putting books together, everything from those initial notes to the final edits. Handing those notes off to someone else and then having the book published with my name on it would feel very weird.

    * sure he consoles himself with his many millions *
    It's a packet system.
    Here's a packet with half-fleshed characters and the bones of a plot.
    Then they have a very specific formula they have to write by, hitting dramatic action points every "x" number of pages and such.
    They just provide the fill.
    It's kind of weird.
    The compensation is a pittance compared to what Patterson gets out if the deal as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    The Silmarillion is basically a history textbook, and it's about as much fun as reading one. (Unless you like history like me)
    Or just a M. E. nerd and not that into general history.
    Though I do like most stuff up to modern history, the older stuff is fun. Modern history is just so BLEH.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  4. #54
    Kata's Avatar
    Kata is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Or just a M. E. nerd and not that into general history.
    Though I do like most stuff up to modern history, the older stuff is fun. Modern history is just so BLEH.
    Agreed. Ancient history is FASCINATING! Anything after about 1500 is boring to me.

  5. #55
    jojohaligo's Avatar
    jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wet Coast of Canada
    Posts
    759
    PrimalCon New York
    Thinking about porn (outside of addiction) and history... and correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't people be exposed to seeing the sex act more frequently in ancient cultures?
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

    Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •