Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: U.S. News Diet Rankings '13 (Take a guess) page 5

  1. #41
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Every time you harrumph, I want to freshen your brandy.

    Or maybe I'm just looking for something to distract me from the squicky spider scene I'm reading with one eye closed in The Hobbit.
    Awww... precious Shelob!


    Is she being "shrill"?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  2. #42
    Gay Panda's Avatar
    Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Magical Bamboo Forest
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Awww... precious Shelob!

    Is she being "shrill"?
    Oh, it's so much worse than the singular Shelob from LOTR!!! Bilbo and his dwarf tribe are under assault by a legion of Shelobs. I can't believe this little book was stretched into a trilogy for the movies, and I twitch every time Bilbo moans about wanting bacon because I ran out.

  3. #43
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Every time you harrumph, I want to freshen your brandy.

    Or maybe I'm just looking for something to distract me from the squicky spider scene I'm reading with one eye closed in The Hobbit.
    *harrum hurm hurm* *hurm* *holds out snifter glass thingy*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

  4. #44
    Gay Panda's Avatar
    Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Magical Bamboo Forest
    Posts
    3,370
    Consider yourself snifted.

  5. #45
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,235
    i now feel like a Sir
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

  6. #46
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Oh, it's so much worse than the singular Shelob from LOTR!!! Bilbo and his dwarf tribe are under assault by a legion of Shelobs. I can't believe this little book was stretched into a trilogy for the movies, and I twitch every time Bilbo moans about wanting bacon because I ran out.
    Oh, no... darling!
    The Hobbit trilogy movies are not based solely on the book... they are interspersed with materials from the entire middle earth history and backstory that JRRT wrote and kept in order to tell the story of some of the characters more thoroughly, like Gandalf.
    It was provided by the family for the making of the movies. At a steep price I'm sure.

    Also, go buy bacon... cook it, then eat a piece every time Bilbo whines.
    WINNING!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  7. #47
    Gay Panda's Avatar
    Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Magical Bamboo Forest
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Oh, no... darling!
    The Hobbit trilogy movies are not based solely on the book... they are interspersed with materials from the entire middle earth history and backstory that JRRT wrote and kept in order to tell the story of some of the characters more thoroughly, like Gandalf.
    It was provided by the family for the making of the movies. At a steep price I'm sure.

    Also, go buy bacon... cook it, then eat a piece every time Bilbo whines.
    WINNING!
    Yeah, I'll eat my bacon and think sucker. Teach you to leave home with a bunch of dwarves with weird rhyming names!

    I can't decide if I should read The Silmarillion next. I think Lady Friend has a copy, but I don't remember her liking it that much.

  8. #48
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Yeah, I'll eat my bacon and think sucker. Teach you to leave home with a bunch of dwarves with weird rhyming names!

    I can't decide if I should read The Silmarillion next. I think Lady Friend has a copy, but I don't remember her liking it that much.
    I've read it.
    I'd say generally only serious middle earth nerds read it.
    It's not the nice easy stories that Hobbit and Rings are.
    But I did enjoy it.
    I will qualify that with what I often tell people... I enjoy reading a LOT of things others don't. Tolstoy and Proust for instance.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  9. #49
    Gay Panda's Avatar
    Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Magical Bamboo Forest
    Posts
    3,370
    Well, I definitely don't fall under the Middle Earth nerdly banner, so maybe I'll skip it and clean out my brain of this awful James Patterson book I read with some better thriller. It was one of the worst books I have ever picked up.

    I read that he signed a contract to produce 17 books in 3 years and my jaw went

  10. #50
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Well, I definitely don't fall under the Middle Earth nerdly banner, so maybe I'll skip it and clean out my brain of this awful James Patterson book I read with some better thriller. It was one of the worst books I have ever picked up.

    I read that he signed a contract to produce 17 books in 3 years and my jaw went
    You know that "James Patterson" is just a banner name for a whole group of ghost writers at this point right?
    Check an inner cover somewhere and it should list the actual writer(s).

    That's why the books under his name are so prolific and so inconsistent.
    They are farmed out to writers contracted to write a plot line in a specific style and then edited by the James Patterson Inc team to be more James Patterson like. But the bigger it gets and the more books per year they put out the shoddier it becomes of course.

    I used to PM with a woman who wrote for him on another forum about some aircraft specific stuff because I had helicopter experience being a tech on the guidance and control devices in the USAF, and having a good understanding of flight mechanics etc.

    Also, my creative writing Prof in college about 2 years ago (fairly well known published writer, who LOVE'd me *bats eyelashes*, well... my writing anyway) explained the Patterson thing, and had some special things to say about it. None of them particularly flattering btw.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-13-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •