Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What scents do you find appealing? page

JamieRose is offline Member

What scents do you find appealing?

Shop Now
    -Both on yourself and on others?

I personally can't stand most perfumes- they make my head hurt after too long. I usually just wear sweet almond oil as an all over moisturizer with a few drops of lavender EO. But I also love the smell of vanilla and cinnamon.

On others, specifically males... I think they smell best with nothing, except maybe some unscented deoderant. :P

What about you all? What scents do you find yourself attracted to, and what ones do you prefer to wear yourself? Do you consider them 'Primal'?

Primal is offline Senior Member
    In general, whatever they spritz/spray in the Westin Hotel chain (some White Rose Tea scent or something like that).

On me, my homemade coconut oil deodorant.

On my wife, none.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Hate the smell of vanilla (perfume or fake sent; I like the smell of the real stuff). Jasmine always smells like urine to me. I love the smell of coconut and gardenias. Also like patchouli and musk and my boyfriend.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    My new body wash is coconut/lime. I love cinnamon in the house.
    DH uses Old Spice extreme endurance or something er other once in a blue moon. I like it but not all the time.
    Primal? dunno.
    Last edited by tooround; 04-20-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Cynarin is offline Senior Member
    On me: Coconut oil, Tahitian gardenia, ylang ylang, jasmine...I may be a valkyrie but I want to smell like the tropics!

I do sometimes wear Caron's Tabac Blond, but since it's incredibly expensive and I can only get it in the U.S. by physically going to a store in NYC, it's more of a special-occasion scent. It's all tobacco and leather and smells like really good sex.

On my fella: I really, really, really love Old Spice. It's kind of embarrassing. He works in service, though, so he usually smells like pig grease and smoke and fresh sweat, which I have come to find quite pleasant.
    "To shed all the illusory rights & hesitations of history demands the economy of some legendary Stone Age--shamans not priests, bards not lords, hunters not police, gatherers of paleolithic laziness, gentle as blood, going naked for a sign or painted as birds, poised on the wave of explicit presence, the clockless nowever." --Hakim Bey, TAZ

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Bacon!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    I've been wearing this for 15 years

http://www.auricblends.com/pages/eg_product.html

On men: sweat, a bit of BO and Old Spice sprayer things.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I like light fruity smells on me and on women... anything with coconut is good. I rarely like anything flowery, except sweet pea, for some reason I love that. I guess I also love the smell of lilacs but after a few minutes I'm sick of it. I hate gardenia and fake vanilla... and almost all mens colognes. Luckily my husband doesn't wear any, and only minimal deodorant (this guy can't smell if he tries, despite being quite sweaty. So jealous.).

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Napalm.

In the morning.

Smells like.......... victory.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    On me: I use "jasmine vanilla" body wash from bath and body works. No perfume or anything. My husband's favorite scent on me is the way I smell the morning after I've been outside all day the day before.
    On my guy: He uses Old Spice Mountain Rush soap and a gillette aftershave. My favorite smell is "his smell": kind of dusty vanilla-y with a bare hint of musk, kind of the way an old book smells. Hmmm... Excuse me, I need to go home real quick...
    In general: the smell of rain that I remember from growing up (wet concrete, wet clay soil and green growingness), the smell of an old book, the smell of an expensive cigar's smoke after several hours of dissipating, the smell of outside (like you smell in your hair after you come in), the smell of an evening of barbecue and fireworks; you know, all the ones that man can't duplicate.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 04-20-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added general smells.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast