Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What scents do you find appealing?

Shop Now
    I love smells- i swear I have a bionic nose! I'm very allergic to synthetic and commercial perfumes but I study classical perfume making and now make my own.
    My favorite scents/materials to work with are fir absolute (like a sweet, jammy-smelling type of fir needle), real carnation (spicy, clove-y, sexy!) nagarmotha, orris, neroli, shiso and vetiver. And sandalwood. I swear I could put sandalwood in everything!

Speaking of vetiver, I love smoky smells like burning leaves, Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap (smells like creosote build-up in a wood stove, lol!) I also love honeysuckle, magnolia and mimosa flowers. I wish I could replicate them (you can t' find unadulterated honeysuckle or magnolia).
    I love the smell of cilantro and thyme, although I wouldn't want to smell like them!

Quote Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
    OH Wow! I'll have to keep an eye out for that!!
    Lookie what _I_ found! http://www.somaluna.com/category_amber.asp

@hazyjane...being a perfumer must be absolutely delicious!!

I have a very sensitive nose and my favourite smells are freshly cut grass, the scent of flowers in bloom, freshly brewed coffee, coconut oil on skin in hot weather and much more I cannot think of right now.

On a more human level my favourite perfume is wrappings by clinique. I know it is synthetic but just very special.
    I also love Aroma Tonic by lancome, which is the perfect summer scent.

I have a lovely shower creme by Korres which smells of coconuts, papayas, pineapple and mango.

M

Quote Originally Posted by JamieRose View Post
    On others, specifically males... I think they smell best with nothing, except maybe some unscented deoderant. :P
    I second this, but I would limit my attraction to the natural scent of a female. The scent of another man does nothing for me...but the natural scent of a woman...oh my...I love it. If you really pay attention, you can smell the difference between a woman who eats healthy and a woman that does not. The scent of a woman fresh out of the shower is an aphrodisiac for me.

Licorice, lavender and pumpkin pie also smell good to me. If a woman took a shower and then got under sheets sprayed with lavender after eating licorice and pumpkin pie...I think I might just spontaneously combust.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post
    If a woman took a shower and then got under sheets sprayed with lavender after eating licorice and pumpkin pie...I think I might just spontaneously combust.
    Hahaha!

I would have to say one of my favorite smells is pine. When I was a kid my dad would cut small wafers off the bottom of our Christmas tree and place them on the registers/vents throughout the house. Heaven. I also love sandalwood incense (and most incense, in general).

Oooh, I forgot to mention the smell of freshly brewed coffee... That smells fan-freakin'-tastic. Same with the smoky smell of camp fires. So I basically just need to hang out around a fire with a non-cologned studly man and a canteen of fresh coffee.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post

Licorice, lavender and pumpkin pie also smell good to me. If a woman took a shower and then got under sheets sprayed with lavender after eating licorice and pumpkin pie...I think I might just spontaneously combust.
    You know, I remember reading in some article that men are most attracted to the smell of pumpkin pie. I wonder why that is?