Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What scents do you find appealing? page 3

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love smells- i swear I have a bionic nose! I'm very allergic to synthetic and commercial perfumes but I study classical perfume making and now make my own.
    My favorite scents/materials to work with are fir absolute (like a sweet, jammy-smelling type of fir needle), real carnation (spicy, clove-y, sexy!) nagarmotha, orris, neroli, shiso and vetiver. And sandalwood. I swear I could put sandalwood in everything!

Speaking of vetiver, I love smoky smells like burning leaves, Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap (smells like creosote build-up in a wood stove, lol!) I also love honeysuckle, magnolia and mimosa flowers. I wish I could replicate them (you can t' find unadulterated honeysuckle or magnolia).
    I love the smell of cilantro and thyme, although I wouldn't want to smell like them!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
    OH Wow! I'll have to keep an eye out for that!!
    Lookie what _I_ found! http://www.somaluna.com/category_amber.asp

maranne is offline Senior Member
    @hazyjane...being a perfumer must be absolutely delicious!!

I have a very sensitive nose and my favourite smells are freshly cut grass, the scent of flowers in bloom, freshly brewed coffee, coconut oil on skin in hot weather and much more I cannot think of right now.

On a more human level my favourite perfume is wrappings by clinique. I know it is synthetic but just very special.
    I also love Aroma Tonic by lancome, which is the perfect summer scent.

I have a lovely shower creme by Korres which smells of coconuts, papayas, pineapple and mango.

M

Beef Cake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieRose View Post
    On others, specifically males... I think they smell best with nothing, except maybe some unscented deoderant. :P
    I second this, but I would limit my attraction to the natural scent of a female. The scent of another man does nothing for me...but the natural scent of a woman...oh my...I love it. If you really pay attention, you can smell the difference between a woman who eats healthy and a woman that does not. The scent of a woman fresh out of the shower is an aphrodisiac for me.

Licorice, lavender and pumpkin pie also smell good to me. If a woman took a shower and then got under sheets sprayed with lavender after eating licorice and pumpkin pie...I think I might just spontaneously combust.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post
    If a woman took a shower and then got under sheets sprayed with lavender after eating licorice and pumpkin pie...I think I might just spontaneously combust.
    Hahaha!

I would have to say one of my favorite smells is pine. When I was a kid my dad would cut small wafers off the bottom of our Christmas tree and place them on the registers/vents throughout the house. Heaven. I also love sandalwood incense (and most incense, in general).

JamieRose is offline Member
    Oooh, I forgot to mention the smell of freshly brewed coffee... That smells fan-freakin'-tastic. Same with the smoky smell of camp fires. So I basically just need to hang out around a fire with a non-cologned studly man and a canteen of fresh coffee.

JamieRose is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post

Licorice, lavender and pumpkin pie also smell good to me. If a woman took a shower and then got under sheets sprayed with lavender after eating licorice and pumpkin pie...I think I might just spontaneously combust.
    You know, I remember reading in some article that men are most attracted to the smell of pumpkin pie. I wonder why that is?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123