Thread: Stocking the Pantry page

bdboyd is offline Junior Member

Stocking the Pantry

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello everyone.

I'm planning on starting the Primal Diet for the first time in the next week or so.

Any place on the website I can go for a first-timers guide to grocery shopping. The cookbook has good information, but is fairly broad.

Or, does anyone have any suggestions about where I should start. I was planning on shopping at either Publix or Fresh Market and was looking for any advice I could get.

Thanks.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Here's the Primal Blueprint Shopping List: Primal Blueprint Shopping List | Mark's Daily Apple

I'm not sure if it's a local thing, but our Fresh Market carries pastured eggs, they're amazing--deep yellow yolks and whites that stand up. Also, there is a Fresh Market brand of cream, half/half, and milk that is from Jersey cows (A2), another unusual find. Their TFM brand nitrate-free bacon is also great, though I bought it on sale so I'm not sure how pricey it is regularly. I also love to get their rotisserie chicken wings for lunch/dinner when I make the trip out there--they're not sauced unless you want them to be. I actually travel about 30 minutes to get to Fresh Market and Earth Fare, and 20 minutes to the nearest Publix because the grocery stores in our town aren't that great. Some Publix stores have Applegate Farms products (lunch meats, bacon, cheeses), the ones in TN and GA I've been to also have grassfed ground beef, buffalo, and lamb, but it's expensive (the ground beef is $7.99/lb). Their Greenwise chicken is decent though.

bdboyd is offline Junior Member
    Thanks a bunch meeshar. I stopped by Fresh Market today, just to look around. It's good to hear about some brand names that are good to look for.