Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade skin care page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Homemade skin care

I just realised my skin care (cleanser and moisturiser) has gluten in it! I thought I checked when I bought, but clearly not. I keep my skin care pretty simple. Cleanse in the shower, and moisteriser and thats it.

I have researched what I can get here, without crap in it, and without gluten, and there are a couple of options, but damn they are expensive.

Primal life Organics are great, ive ordered a few things from there Carrot Seed Primal Face Package, Norm-Oily – Primal Life Organics.... Paleo Skincare

I would rather buy Aus made and made to order like PLO, but there doesn't seem to be anything. The natural, gluten free things i've found, are mass produced.

My question is does anyone know of any chemical and gluten free products for skin care made to order in Aus?
    Or if you make your own, what do you use?

Thanks.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I wash my face with honey and remove my eye makeup with a mixture of olive oil and aloe water. I have also heard of using coconut oil to remove eye makeup. Works great and my skin looks wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I just realised my skin care (cleanser and moisturiser) has gluten in it! I thought I checked when I bought, but clearly not. I keep my skin care pretty simple. Cleanse in the shower, and moisteriser and thats it.

I have researched what I can get here, without crap in it, and without gluten, and there are a couple of options, but damn they are expensive.

Primal life Organics are great, ive ordered a few things from there Carrot Seed Primal Face Package, Norm-Oily – Primal Life Organics.... Paleo Skincare

I would rather buy Aus made and made to order like PLO, but there doesn't seem to be anything. The natural, gluten free things i've found, are mass produced.

My question is does anyone know of any chemical and gluten free products for skin care made to order in Aus?
    Or if you make your own, what do you use?

Thanks.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

QueenOfTheDwarrows is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I have also heard of using coconut oil to remove eye makeup. Works great and my skin looks wonderful.
    I use coconut oil sometimes for my face when I wear makeup, it works great! I also use witch hazel to cleanse my pores after washing my face

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I started with olive oil, then coconut oil, but finally settled on jojoba oil because the first two were clogging my pores. I basically do an oil cleanse--after my shower I coat my face with jojoba, use an extremely hot washcloth to wipe it off, follow with cold water, and then spot moisturize with it if I have flaky patches.

I just realized that my fragrance free simple shampoo has wheat protein, no wonder my face gets rashy when I wear my hair down. Time to go back to LUSH. I've tried no-poo, but can't get through the greasy stage yet.

I like the look of Lush, we have it here, but not so much the price But might be worth it.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I like the look of Lush, we have it here, but not so much the price But might be worth it.
    I'm iffy on Lush's face products, I bought a moisturizer bar once at the airport and it was not for me--gritty, and pore clogging. However, I love their hair stuff. I used their Godiva solid shampoo/conditioner for over a year, it was particularly handy when we lived in our RV and I had to lug all my gear to a bath house to shower. The price is definitely a consideration, I grabbed the fragrance free organic stuff on sale because I had run out of Lush and didn't want to shell out the $, but now I seriously regret it. One of the solid shampoo bars lasts me months even with long hair, so I really didn't save any money, I was just balking at the upfront cost.

melissasoua3 is offline Junior Member
    It's a daily dose of awesomeness!

fresa is offline Member
    I also use jojoba oil to cleanse my face in the evening, and occasionally I'll dab on some tea tree oil. I think both types of those I have are from AUS. I had issues with breakouts from EVOO, and I haven't tried coconut oil because it is supposed to be quite comedogenic and I have very sensitive skin. If you haven't ever tried the OCM or moisturizing with oil I'd look into it, it's quite easy to do and makes my skin look nice.

just saw on the lush site that their hair stuff has SLS so boo

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started the oil cleansing method thing about 2 months ago, and it seems to be working nicely. I use a castor oil/grapeseed oil blend to cleanse, which also removes even eye makeup very well, and follow with a bit of jojoba oil if I need extra moisture. I started healing about it through the Balanced Bites podcasts, and the CaveGirl Eats blog: http://cavegirleats.com/bodycare/

Worth a look at if you're looking for alternatives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast