Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anything to juicing? page

heatseeker is offline Senior Member

Is there anything to juicing?

Primal Fuel
    Serious question. I've always kind of rolled my eyes at juicing because, hey, just eat some veggies. But this morning I was talked into hitting the local juice bar after xfit, and I had a celery/kale/parsley/wheatgrass concoction that didn't exactly taste good, but made me feel euphoric, sort of like an MDMA high (to a lesser extent, obvi). And I feel like my energy all day has been through the roof. So now I'm wondering if there are clear benefits to juicing that I've been overlooking.

I'm speaking strictly of veggie juicing, btw. No fruit. That's two-hour nap just waiting to happen.

Does anyone here juice regularly? There are about a billion cheap used juicers hanging out on Craigslist, should I go pick one up?

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Yes, and good luck fitting the amount of veg you can juice into your diet cooked or raw. Plus the variety and amount of vegetables you can put in a juicer will cover a larger and wider range of micro nutrients and minerals you would probably not get otherwise.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Grok would not have juiced things, but if you like it, go for it.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I don't juice, but I sometimes make veggie smoothies in the morning using a heap of kale, some celery, wheat & barley grass, some powdered green tea and whatever else takes my fancy e.g carrot, an apple, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut milk or avocado to make it a thick shake.

Sometimes tastes great, sometimes like crap

I aim to get most of my nutrients from what I eat, but if you're not getting a lot of veggies I reckon juicing/veggie smoothies are ok to 'supplement' your diet.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    Yes, and good luck fitting the amount of veg you can juice into your diet cooked or raw. Plus the variety and amount of vegetables you can put in a juicer will cover a larger and wider range of micro nutrients and minerals you would probably not get otherwise.
    If you buy that whole schtick

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    This, and you could go here:

Juicing for Weight Loss with Joe Cross | Reboot With Joe

and watch the movie and go on their message boards to see all the cool juices everyone is/are drinking.

Totally have done it, still do it, and I can tell you that there are some concoctions that make me feel
    like I snorted a fresh delicious line of cocaine (don'taskmehowIknow). TOTALLY CRAZY!

Juicing is great when you want all the nutrients without the pesky fiber. Fiber is great, but I don't want to have
    to CHEW my juices - I save that for smoothies.

And, for whomever is going to write about waaaaaasting the fiber, go ahead and save it from your
    juicer and and it to soups or casseroles if you want.

I add mine to the dirt around my tomatoes. . . I'll get my fiber when I eat the veggies themselves.

As far as Grok not having a juicer, f-ing eyeroll already.

Julie

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    As far as Grok not having a juicer, f-ing eyeroll already.
    Julie
    Ha ha ha
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I just watched a documentary last night on netflix called the Gerson Miracle, and it was all about gerson therapy, a type of alternative health route to cure cancer. Some of the concepts seemed flaky to me, but most was pretty sound. Essentially, you get the nutrients of 20lbs of veg a day in 13 glasses of juice. The idea is that you can jump start your body's healing machinisms by giving it a surplus of nutrients, and in turn your body will kill the cancer. Pretty interesting stuff, it certainly makes me consider juicing every once in a while.

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    +1 on Craig's List for juicers. I live in a college town and got a barely used one for $20.00. I use it nearly every morning. No way I would get bock choy, mustard greens, kale, carrots, cranberries, kiwi and an orange in the same day without a juicer. Drink some an hour before running in the morning and I am good to go. It's a daily dose of awesomeness!

melissasoua3 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's a daily dose of awesomeness!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast