Thread: The Primal Connection page

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

The Primal Connection

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anybody get and read the new book yet? Got a review based on your reading? I haven't bought it yet as I'm already about 6 books deep in my "to read" list. Just curious what old and new PB'ers think of it.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I've only read reviews. It seems to be more focused on the lifestyle side of things from what I gather. It will be interesting to see if any of the nutrition advice has changed though.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    didn't it just get released today?
    Ive ordered mine.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I ordered mine a few days ago but it has yet to be delivered.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I got the ebook yesterday, but A Memory of Light came out on Tuesday so that 900 page book is going to take me a week or two to finish then I can start on Primal Connection. I was a bit disappointed that they both came out the same day, but that is how it goes, and I have no shortage of reading material.

I am hoping to see a couple of threads about Primal Connection to see what the general thoughts about the book are.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Ordered it yesterday and the Amazons have yet to ship it. Hoping to bring it to DC for the weekend. We'll see if it gets here on time and I'll post my thoughts if possible.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I got charged overnight for it, so guess it will be shipped today. Looking forward to reading it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    From what I gather there is nada about nutrition in it...

Here's a radio i/v Mark did on The Underground Wellness Show about the new book: The Primal Connection with Mark Sisson 01/08 by Underground Wellness | Blog Talk Radio
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat