I almost forgot to come back and give you guys an update...

I could only eat 1/2 lb the first night, so i had some left over. I took the left over 1/2 lb and threw them on my outdoor grill in one of those veggie pans so they wouldn't fall through the grates. I put just a rub down of oil on the pan to keep them from sticking. I heated them up that way. This time they turned out crisp and toasty and smokey. Much, much better (though I still think they needed my "remoulade.")

So, my guess is that I used too much oil and not enough heat on my attempt with pan frying, and that's what made them soggy. The fault lied with the chef, not the coconut flour.

Quote Originally Posted by lev96 View Post
Attachment 10421

well, i tried!

they actually look better than they were (scary, huh?), though they weren't horrible. I used the coconut flour and pan fried them in olive oil. I couldn't get them crispy enough. And the oil in the pan, kept becoming this sticky, gunky mess since I was doing them in batches. I think they would have been better just seasoned and pan fried without the flour. I should have done it both ways, as I was originally thinking. Though, Diana, your suggestion of broiling them probably would have been better too.

They needed something after they were done to make them edible. So i whipped up the homemade "remoulade" sauce. Really just mayo, home-fermented chopped pickles, hot sauce, lemon juice, s & p.

Thanks for your suggestions.