Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Challange Yoruself to do a *Insert something awsome* in 2013 page

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member

Cool Challange Yoruself to do a *Insert something awsome* in 2013

Primal Fuel
    So on the back of last years thread to do an unassisted pull-up

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45692.html

I thought I would see if the idea would run again, but open it to to a more general fitness challange, so if you've not nailed a pull-up yet, get under that bar It it so awsome to be able to lift you whole body weight up just with your arms.

But if that just sounds toooo much for you, then pick another goal to work at, maybe a full push-up, coz these are hard when you are starting from scratch.

Or if you have already been practicing, then set yourself something even harder to aim for, like a pistol squat, or a muscle up, squat your own body weight

Personally I'm going for loads, I made great progress last year and want to keep that going, so I'll be posting my challanges up, one at a time. Please join in, post your progress and any helpful tutorials and links you've found

I'll make a list of names and challanges in the next post, then change the colours and put happy faces in and stuff when you've done it so all can bask in your awsomeness
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Ok so list of Challangers

Tribal Rob - Pistol Squat; muscle-up; handstand push-up; kip-up; monkey bars

primalrob - one armed pull up

Chris_H - unassisted pull-up

jfreaksho - one armed pull-up

NewGreyMare - unassisted pull-up

sbhikes - > 120lbs Squat: Overhead Press 60lbs: Deadlift 165lbs: DONE -Not screw up bench press re-rack

lpeppersauce - Unassited Pull-up

Gadsie - 200lbs Bench press

PhilosospherDan - 1-arm pushup: pistol squat: handstand (kicking up onto the wall): 300 workout in under 26 minutes

manoseao - unassited pull-up

AdamC29 - 1 arm pressup: 300 meltdown in <10 mins with 12kg KB: 25 pullups

Turnstone - unassisted pull-up

BONZ - Muscle up: 3 miles in under 21 mins

70in2012 - To become a grown up and not be a penis

Colloid - 12 Pull-ups: Bench Press Bodyweight (200lbs ish?) Squat 1.5 body weight (300lbs ish?)

heatseaker - 85lb snatch: Muscle-up: Handstand walk

Ghshl - 400lbs Dead lift

Kochin - unassisted pull-up: 65kg Deadlift.

Teasea - unassisted pull-up

JackieKessler - Unassisted pull-up

Joaniel - Duckwalk lenghth of apartment

Kiltedlass - unassisted pull-up

Chaloney - Press 150 lbs; Bench 200 lbs; Squat 350lbs; Deadlift 400 lbs; 15 pull-ups

Knifegill - 60 push-ups

Richardmac - 100 pressups in one go; 50 pullups in one go; Row a 6.50 2K.

ciep - front planch; beat my PR in our local 15K (the Utica Boilermaker); qualify for the Boston Marathon

Diogenes - Pistol Squat; Handstand; Muscle up; 50 push-ups.

Goneprimal - 400 lbs Deadlift

BamaAla - 1 arm pull-up

AngryKiwi47 - Squat 110kg (thats just over 240lbs for you Yanks and old sckool Limeys/Poms )

CelticDog - Squat 130kg (286 lbs) Deadlift 180kg (396 lbs) Clean & Jerk and Snatch 60 kg (132 lbs)

utfsdh - 60 push-ups in one go

Dgreenwood - 5,000 pull-ups over the year, total so far 701 14% of target.

Yogabare - Straddle splits; Yoga pose called King Pigeon

Starkanda - Unassisted Pull-up, 10k run

done4 - Olympic tiathlon

Trackmom - a complete pullup: 25 pushups in a row; 3 minutes total of planks front/side/side
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 02-23-2013 at 04:21 AM.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

primalrob is offline Senior Member

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Unassisted pull-up. I missed out on that challenge last year
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    one-arm pullup

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    primalrob - one armed pull up
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    one-arm pullup
    Beast mode - where are you at now on the progress - I can't even hang off one arm at the moment, so it's a long way off for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H View Post
    Unassisted pull-up. I missed out on that challenge last year
    By your stats you are pretty much where I started last year, except you're a few years younger than me, I reckon you'll have it nailed before too long, I started on two leg pull-ups sometime about Feb, and had a full decent pull-up done by then end of May IIRC, I oculd have trained better, but kids and life means I don't always manage to work out as much as I'd like.

NewGrayMare is offline Member
    Ooh! Good challenge! I want to join!

Unassisted Pull Up is totally my goal. I have never been able to do one in my life. Hubby didn't believe how weak I am until I bought a pull up bar on Sunday and showed him. He still seems to think I'm not trying hard enough or that maybe I'm too short for the doorway pull up bar. I think height has nothing to do with if I can pull my own weight up or not; it's all about muscle strength, not if you can reach the bar (which I can) or not.

I WILL do an unassisted pull up this year!

Quote Originally Posted by NewGrayMare View Post
    I WILL do an unassisted pull up this year!
    YAY! Your are right it's all about strenght, or more importantly power to weight ratio, losing the flab helped me hugely That may be cheating of course.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'll set my sights really low:

Greater than 120lb squat without blacking out.
    Press 60lbs over my head and do it strict. I'm stuck at 50 with too much cheating or twisting and straining.
    Deadlift 165 or whatever my boyfriend weighs.
    Stop missing when I rerack a failed rep on bench press. I don't want to die doing the bench press.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Another unassisted pullup goal here. I've never done a pullup in my life (granted, I haven't been trying that hard until last week), and I have very little upper-body strength, so that would be huge for me. I'm on double leg assisted right now.

Oh, and I'm new to the forum and to Primal on January 1st, so I only have two Four Essential Movements workouts under my belt. I'm on the lowest level on all of them, but pullups are the worst.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast