Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Challange Yoruself to do a *Insert something awsome* in 2013 page 7

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
    I'm a little late to the party but I'd like to get my goal in here. It's a little different in that my goal is more about the process, I'm not sure what the end result will be but I"m excited to find out.

In 2013 my goal is to do at least 5,000 pullups!

That's interesting - how are you going about it? have you got set work-outs, are you 'greasing the groove' everytime you pass a opportunity - I got a quick weighted pull up in last night out walking the baby to sleep in the sling I popped a quick rep out on the bottom of an electricity pylon

How about I put you on and you let us know how many you are up to and I'll update, be interesting to know what your max reps are too if you are tracking them, see if that number improves.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    That's interesting - how are you going about it? have you got set work-outs, are you 'greasing the groove' everytime you pass a opportunity - I got a quick weighted pull up in last night out walking the baby to sleep in the sling I popped a quick rep out on the bottom of an electricity pylon

How about I put you on and you let us know how many you are up to and I'll update, be interesting to know what your max reps are too if you are tracking them, see if that number improves.
    I do a pullup workout at the gym once a week and the rest of the week I do them whenever the opportunity presents itself. I have a chinup bar in the garage and I don't walk past it. I was helping a friend fix his car in a commercial parking garage the other day and I did some from one of the pipes running overhead.

I started on Jan 2nd and I'm up to 537.

I can do anywhere from 10-14 in one set depending on the grip; I switch it up between overhand, underhand, and neutral grip. I'd like to get to the point where I can do 20 in a set, regardless of the grip.

When I do a pullup workout, I usually do between 50-60 combined.
    Last edited by dgreenwood; 01-23-2013 at 08:52 AM.

I've updated the post - just over 1/10th of the way there and less than 1 month in- well on the way I reccon
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Done

Are you using the 7 weeks to xxxx site? They have programes for 7 weeks to 50 pull-ups and 7 weeks to 100 push-ups, you have to sign up, but I have never had any e-mail or spam from them. 7 Weeks to Fitness
    Yeh Iv seen them but dont like the layout much. Im working on a programme at the moment. The reasons being 1. its quite cool and 2. It had stretching/prehab movements worked into it and as im carrying a wee injury I need that.

Im not going for 'as many reps as I can do in one go' practice just now. More like 'as many reps as I can do in a given time' to keep workouts short and frequent. So im doing 100 reps of pushup per workout. Will add reps, but probably wont go over 15-20 a set before I change the pressup style to make it harder.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Rob,

Mine's a little different too... my goal is to be able to do:

1) Straddle splits
    2) Yoga pose called King Pigeon (even harder than it looks...)

king-pigeon-pose-eka-pada-rajakapotasna1.jpg
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Added - and considering I can only just touch my toes, and then only if I easily if I stretch out my back, then that looks impossible to me, not just hard

Starkanda is offline Junior Member
    Hey! I went from a lurker to a registered member to add my goals to this thread!
    My goals for 2013
    Unassisted pull-up(s)
    10K run in early fall. (I am NOT a runner )

done4 is offline Junior Member
    okay im ready to say this. I want to do an Olympic triathlon on june 9. 50 yo man and it will be first time. primal for about one year and down 40 pounds. run and bike should be no problem but swimming almost 1 mile will be a challenge, but probably easier for me than a king pigeon pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkanda View Post
    Hey! I went from a lurker to a registered member to add my goals to this thread!
    My goals for 2013
    Unassisted pull-up(s)
    10K run in early fall. (I am NOT a runner )
    Added

Quote Originally Posted by done4 View Post
    okay im ready to say this. I want to do an Olympic triathlon on june 9. 50 yo man and it will be first time. primal for about one year and down 40 pounds. run and bike should be no problem but swimming almost 1 mile will be a challenge, but probably easier for me than a king pigeon pose.
    Added

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Update: I can pull myself up to where my nose/upper lip is even with the bar, unassisted. I cannot quite get my chin above the bar
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast