Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Challange Yoruself to do a *Insert something awsome* in 2013 page 6

CelticDog is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Squat twice my body weight, Am doing 4 kilo above it at the moment, so it'll be about 130-140.
    Double my Deadlift, currently at 90kilos and improving every other day.

As for something new.

Do a 60 Kilo Clean and jerk and a 60 Kilo snatch. Currently can't do either with the bar, still hammering the technique in my head as am forced to self teach the moves.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticDog View Post
    Squat twice my body weight, Am doing 4 kilo above it at the moment, so it'll be about 130-140.
    Double my Deadlift, currently at 90kilos and improving every other day.

As for something new.

Do a 60 Kilo Clean and jerk and a 60 Kilo snatch. Currently can't do either with the bar, still hammering the technique in my head as am forced to self teach the moves.
    Added
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

So hows progress going? I'm doing split leg squats atm, second week of them, could barely walk last week due to DOMs, fine today after doing them yesterday so I'll up the intensity again next week and I'll be sandbag squatting with 40kg on Friday as I have got another bag of sand now.

Still working on upping pull-up numbers, can't really work on muscle-ups till I can get to the park pull-up bars coz I'll bash my head on the celing.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I deadlifted 6 reps at 286lbs last week, also did a single at 308lbs, so I am right on track for now

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    So hows progress going?
    I'm very happy that I did 50% body weight bench press. I didn't have a specific goal number for bench press. I just wanted to stop dropping the bar on my neck. I've switched to doing 5 sets of 3 (instead of 3 sets of 5) and now I think I ought to be able to progress to some heavier weight.

I'm considering buying pullup bands, but they're pretty expensive. I know lat pulls probably don't help much, but I've been holding the bar like I would for pullups and trying not to brace my body on the equipment. I figure once I work up to a weight that is so heavy I can't keep my body down without bracing it, I might be getting somewhere.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    I'm progressing nicely. I am using surgical tubing or a chair for the assist but it seems to be getting much easier
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm very happy that I did 50% body weight bench press. I didn't have a specific goal number for bench press. I just wanted to stop dropping the bar on my neck. I've switched to doing 5 sets of 3 (instead of 3 sets of 5) and now I think I ought to be able to progress to some heavier weight.

I'm considering buying pullup bands, but they're pretty expensive. I know lat pulls probably don't help much, but I've been holding the bar like I would for pullups and trying not to brace my body on the equipment. I figure once I work up to a weight that is so heavy I can't keep my body down without bracing it, I might be getting somewhere.
    Glad you're not dropping weight bars on your neck anymore - that always has to be a good thing I used bungee cords as I'm cheap and poor instead of pull-up bands, they didn't help much, but just enough to get a couple of reps in. I've now got an excersie band from the physio with I'm using for last set of reps, it can't give more that a few lbs of assist but it's enough to crank out a last set, then I move on to power holds and negatives. Can you do flex hangs and power holds (the top and bottom position of a pull-up? I reckon they would help most to train all the stabilsing muscles to work best with doing lat-pull downs.

Quote Originally Posted by utfsdh View Post
    Add me, I want to do over 60 push-ups in one go. I know I can get there if I just train consistently. I KNOW I can be at least 20% cooler!
    Added

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H View Post
    I'm progressing nicely. I am using surgical tubing or a chair for the assist but it seems to be getting much easier
    Are you up to doing negatives or power-holds yet? Once you can manage them I think they really help psuh you on - you can make yourslef rather sore the next day with negatives though, so be warned

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    I'm a little late to the party but I'd like to get my goal in here. It's a little different in that my goal is more about the process, I'm not sure what the end result will be but I"m excited to find out.

In 2013 my goal is to do at least 5,000 pullups!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast