Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Please can I join sir??

Richardmac = 100 pressups in one go. Im at about 60-65
    50 pullups in one go. Im at 20-25
    Row a 6.50 2K. Im at 7.08.

Richard
    Done

Are you using the 7 weeks to xxxx site? They have programes for 7 weeks to 50 pull-ups and 7 weeks to 100 push-ups, you have to sign up, but I have never had any e-mail or spam from them. 7 Weeks to Fitness
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

ciep is offline Senior Member
    My demon, which I'd love to slay in 2013, is the elusive front planch. Been trying for a solid 3 years -- no luck so far.

I'd also like to beat my PR in our local 15K (the Utica Boilermaker), and qualify for the Boston Marathon (gonna run a qualifier in late summer I think, Montreal most likely).

And of course there are several things I hope to climb.

Diogenes is offline Member
    1. Pistol - currently doing 3 to my 2x10 cab (18" high)

2. Handstand - haven't started

3. Muscle-up - lol, no, I'm serious

4. 50 pushups - currently 35

5. Lose 30 more lbs - lost 36 so far
    Last edited by Diogenes; 01-18-2013 at 08:53 PM.

goneprimal is offline Member
    Deadlift 400 lbs!

For those attempting their first pull-up...try training with unassisted negatives.

Good luck.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goneprimal View Post
    Deadlift 400 lbs!

For those attempting their first pull-up...try training with unassisted negatives.

Good luck.
    ADDED

unassisted negatives are a really good method, but you need to be able to control the drop not just fall, defo part of the progress but not everyone starting will be able to straight into negatives. Flex hangs for about 2 seconds were all I could manage this time last year. Power holds are also good and negatives with a band would also work as part of the progression.

There was a really good guest post a few months back about the benifits of negative reps in training I'll try to find it and linky when I've slept (its late here)
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

BamaAla is offline Member
    BamaAla:

1 arm pull-up

goneprimal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    ADDED

unassisted negatives are a really good method, but you need to be able to control the drop not just fall
    Word.

Not trying to derail thread - lots of people want to do chins/one arm chins. I strongly believe doing assisted chins and or pull-downs simply can't train the nerves, coordination, and stabilizers as effectively as unassisted negatives. Such exercises will certainly help though!

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    To squat twice my bodyweight.

Currently at 53kg (53.5 and rising ) and hoping to be at about 60 by the end of the year... So between 110-120kg squat.

Quote Originally Posted by goneprimal View Post
    Word.

Not trying to derail thread - lots of people want to do chins/one arm chins. I strongly believe doing assisted chins and or pull-downs simply can't train the nerves, coordination, and stabilizers as effectively as unassisted negatives. Such exercises will certainly help though!
    I denfinatly agree with you on the pull downs, I'm becoming more and more of the opionion that weight machines which isolate muscles do more harm than good, however I think band assisted pull ups are really positive, especially if you are training while still losing weight as all they really do is lighten you, so if you are carring 20lbs of extra fat for example, a band will help take that 20lbs off while still training all the muscles and nerves and joints as you are still hanging and free to swing and wobble, once you've lost some weight you can move to bands that help less of drop them all together.

And don't worry about derailing the thread, on topic discussion keeps the thread going and is usefull for everyone reading.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    BamaAla:

1 arm pull-up
    Added

Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    To squat twice my bodyweight.

Currently at 53kg (53.5 and rising ) and hoping to be at about 60 by the end of the year... So between 110-120kg squat.
    Added and love the user name but why are you so angry

Quote Originally Posted by ponfs View Post
    I'd also like to beat my PR in our local 15K (the Utica Boilermaker), and qualify for the Boston Marathon (gonna run a qualifier in late summer I think, Montreal most likely).
    Go forth from this place, procreate and expire mighty mechaniod of Spamerlot

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast