Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Challange Yoruself to do a *Insert something awsome* in 2013 page 3

dogfuel is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gf and I are going to run the grand canyon north rim to south rim. Probably 5/25. Any others in?

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    400 lbs deadlift seems a nice goal to strive for

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'll set my sights really low:

Greater than 120lb squat without blacking out.
    Press 60lbs over my head and do it strict. I'm stuck at 50 with too much cheating or twisting and straining.
    Deadlift 165 or whatever my boyfriend weighs.
    Stop missing when I rerack a failed rep on bench press. I don't want to die doing the bench press.
    What ever challanges you is legit IMO, and I'm gonna presume you are succeeding with the last one while ever you are still posting

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I guess I'll go for a 200lbs bench, would be surprised if I make it.
    Depends on where you are now, you are young enough to make big gains I would have thought, seems do-able to me, but I do have a large frame

Quote Originally Posted by Philosopher Dan View Post
    Here's mine (similar to some of yours!):

1) 1-arm pushup
    2) pistol squat
    3) handstand (kicking up onto the wall)
    4) 300 workout in under 26 minutes

I think the 1-arm pullup will have to wait for 2014!

Good luck everyone!
    I'm working on headstands at the moment, I've got good balance with knees on elbows but tip when I raise my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    A clean MuscleUp, def! I'd also like to get three miles in under 21 minutes..... just to see if 30-something me could kick 20-something me's ass!
    I like the run target too, I may add that to my personal goals too.

Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    Sex with five different women in the same day!
    That's just a time management goal, not fitness, so I've done one of my own choosing for you :P

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    1. 85lb snatch (terrified just thinking about this)
    2. Muscle-up
    3. Handstand walk
    I'd love to be able to hand-stand walk, I may try this in the summer in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfuel View Post
    Gf and I are going to run the grand canyon north rim to south rim. Probably 5/25. Any others in?
    That sounds awsome - not put you on the list as I wasn't sure if you wanted that adding or not, why not start a thread to see if anyone is interested?
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Just wanted to add; I love the variety of challanges and levels in this thread, it's really insperational to see so many people challanging themselves to improve, no matter the level they are at now.

I'm going to add some to my own challanges soon seing as I won't be the only one with multiple target, some closer than others, I want to do hand-stand push-ups, muscle-ups and kips-ups as well as pistols by the end of the year. I also want to do more explosive stuff like clapping pull-ups and push-ups, lift a really heavy sand-bag, start doing levers and flags and be able to do more running. And I'd love the time to do parkour type stuff in nature.

So much stuff, so little time
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Do a pull-up.

Also want to deadlift my body-weight by the end of the year, but I have a stance issue I need to discuss with a Dr first: I can't stand up from a squatting position AND keep my heels flat on the ground. Even unweighted, if I squat down, I MUST push back up with my toes. So, yeah, getting to a 65/70kg deadlift may be difficult or even dangerous.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Good luck with the Docs, If you can afford it I would reccomend an osteopath rather than NHS, so many family and friends have been helped buy osteotherapy sorting out alignment problems, WTF it not on the NHS I don't know.

Teasea is offline Junior Member
    I'm in for a single pull-up seems impossible at the moment.
    Started a couple of weeks ago with the 2 leg assists, seem to be improving.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I want to do one unassisted pull-up.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    To duckwalk the length of my apartment (it's a railroad style layout and there are three steps down to the living room). Injured one ankle and the opposite knee last year and really looking to get flexibility back.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

kimmkimm is offline Banned
    sbhikes - > 120lbs Squat: Overhead Press 60lbs: Deadlift 165lbs: Not screw up bench press re-rack

lpeppersauce - Unassited Pull-up

Gadsie - 200lbs Bench press

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast