Thread: Hi, about to restart this page

SCB
    SCB is offline Junior Member

Hi, about to restart this

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, abit of backround, about 2 years ago I went on a 2 month all paleo/primal diet, lost about 8lbs and felt good. Then I stopped, I don't remember why exactly but now I have a family to contend my time with and finally my gf was convinced that paleo was something she would at least try(she's breastfeeding so can't do it to the letter)

So, I from today am back on the wagon so to speak, as I stand I am currently 18st 4lbs, almost matching my heaviest weight, I look fat, I feel lazy, tired and stressed out feeling like I can't be bothered to do anything, somehow a spark hit me to re-do this and change my life.

So I'm back on the paleo diet at about 80% for now (I'm cooking for the family so will be having the odd carb here and there, no sugar or nuts at all) on top of that I will be doing a intense workout called "Insanity" for 60 days, after which I will do it's sequel "Asylum" this will finally lead into me doing Crossfit which I've been dying to do as I love extreme sports and want to do them again.

I'll post a pic later and chart my progress here daily

"Sometimes what's needed is not Self-Improvement, but self-destruction"

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Mark did a recent post on pregnancy I think. Primal is extra important when you are pregnant.

If you are doing that much exercise, you are going to need extra carbs such as root vegetables.

Good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

miketailor is offline Junior Member
    Hi i am new. But thank for the advice of being pregnant..

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member
    Hello, and go for it. What a fantastic start your baby will have with fit and energetic parents! It should help you cope better with sleepless nights too.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    There is no reason why your GF can't follow primal exactly while breastfeeding, she just needs to make sure she is eating enough.