Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tara Goes Primal en España.. page

TaraMae is offline Member

Smile Tara Goes Primal en España..

Shop Now
    Journaling.
    The next recommended step after introducing myself as a primal "newbie."
    I'm going to be completely honest with how I do.. so far my breakup with my SAD diet has been rocky.

So here's where it actually gets serious. Reyes is over, my brother's birthday has passed, so I think it's time for me to take the primal regimen seriously and make the break from my carb/sugar addiction. Making this journal, even if no one reads it but me, will help to hold me accountable to myself.
    If anyone has suggestions, or advice, or questions to help steer me in the right direction I'd love to hear from you!

So officially...
    Day 1 (more or less, haha)
    B: café con leche
    S: chorizo, jamón, y queso (sort of like a few cold cuts)
    L: tortilla de jamón (scrambled eggs with ham bits), ensalada, té con leche, y 2 polverones!

Walking to class, I decided they weren't even worth it because although they tasted pretty good, I STILL (2 hours later) feel yucky-gross and I'm blaming those little sugar bombs.
    ...and now it's 4pm and I'm going to class. I still feel like there is a brick in my stomach from the 2 polverones, so I'm not planning to eat dinner.. maybe just a taza of tea before bed.

...welp, I ate dinner.
    D: Puree of vegetables that my mom had made, and pork (I think) with gravy, and an apple.
    S: some walnuts and prunes

Tomorrow is another day!!
    It seems I'm taking the two steps forward, one step back approach to adopting primal lifestyle.. :P

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Keep at it TaraMae. You will figure it out and eventually you won't even have to think about what to eat and when to eat it. And you will *know* that you are eating pork.

I haven't been to Madrid in awhile, one of my favorite cities. I spent many an hour in the Prado and Real Jardin Botanico since they were really close to my apartment.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Thanks, Icarian!! Ah, I love to imagine what this journal will look like weeks and months down the road..
    yeah, I agree with you the Prado is enormous you could visit for weeks and still not see everything! hehe.. and I can't wait for the weather to improve to visit the gardens (I live in Torrelodones just outside Madrid! )

Well, since I'm on here, today is off to a great start (I'm just getting up...)
    Day 2
    B: café con leche

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Well done for taking this first step. Have you tried eating at breakfast as well as your white coffee (was that correct)?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Day 2 continued..
    *fasting during the day because I just wasn't hungry*
    water with limon, tea
    D: salmon pieces and shrimp! (My mom made it with veggie pasta, but I ate the fish out of it. She gave me a look and tried to convince me it was healthy.. I just told her I don't like pasta very much..)
    S: snacked (binged? idk.. ) on sunflower seeds, walnuts, some cold cuts, blue cheese, and some orejones (dried apricots?)
    WOD: walking.. walking.. walking everywhere!
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-11-2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling and stuff

Thanks Richard, I haven't had a primal breakfast yet.. I was toying with the idea of making eggs this morning, but I'm not super hungry.. plus I sort of binged last night :/ And yeah, "white coffee" is my breakfast generally (more or less it's 2% milk with espresso in it).. ¿should I switch to drinking tea in the morning instead? I generally take espresso in the afternoons, too.. it would be a tough change, but I would do it if necessary..

Day 3
    B: Haven't had anything yet.. just my water with limón.. but plotting brewing up some coffee after I clean my room.
    (and a sneaky teaspoon-scoop of blue cheese dip that I saw in the fridge.. SO GOOD..)

The weather is so sad-looking today.. lots of fog, very cold.
    Oh! And as far as WOD variety goes, I'm considering yoga 2x a week.. I've always been interested in trying it out, and a friend recommended I try it with her next week! Thoughts?
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-11-2013 at 05:51 AM.

snackage:
    this morning's cup of coffee with milk (piping hot because it's freezing outside and makes me snuggly cozy)
    L: a bowl of olives, pepper, and garlic teeth in the vinegar juice.. yummm
    DSC08450.jpg

...now on my way to night class..
    I'm going to a ska concert tonight with some friends from school to dance, dance, dance! yipee! I'm hoping to have some sort of primal option if we decide to grab something to eat/drink before the concert...
    otherwise, well, I'll just continue my "fast" (which isn't really a fast because I'm totally snacking! lol) and make a bangin' breakfast tomorrow morning! Mmm.
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraMae View Post
    Thanks Richard, I haven't had a primal breakfast yet.. I was toying with the idea of making eggs this morning, but I'm not super hungry.. plus I sort of binged last night :/ And yeah, "white coffee" is my breakfast generally (more or less it's 2% milk with espresso in it).. ¿should I switch to drinking tea in the morning instead? I generally take espresso in the afternoons, too.. it would be a tough change, but I would do it if necessary..

Day 3
    B: Haven't had anything yet.. just my water with limón.. but plotting brewing up some coffee after I clean my room.
    (and a sneaky teaspoon-scoop of blue cheese dip that I saw in the fridge.. SO GOOD..)

The weather is so sad-looking today.. lots of fog, very cold.
    Oh! And as far as WOD variety goes, I'm considering yoga 2x a week.. I've always been interested in trying it out, and a friend recommended I try it with her next week! Thoughts?
    Consider slowly eliminating the coffee. Maybe try Honey and Lemon. The honey gives your brain the sugar it wants first thing (thus doing the same job as caffeine. With an empty stomach which you seem to have this sugar will kick start your metabolism to burn fat. The lemon is great for your stomach, digestion etc.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

PrimalCon New York
    So idk if it was the garlic teeth or just fasting in general but I didn't feel 100% in class last night. Could be a number of factors though, so I'm decided to just tough it out.

and now, please forgive me fellow Grokers, I THINK I may have sinned.
    Day 3 Continued...
    D:
    Red Wine

But let me explain the sitch...
    We went out to the concert (which was a blast by the way!!) but for three hours before it started, everyone was drinking beer and eating chips and fried croquetas :P I abstained from that part, but one friend misinterpreted why I wasn't drinking beer and thought I wasn't drinking because I'm ciliac bought me a red wine instead. I drank it. Water at the concert, and that's it so far but that might be the reason I feel terrible this morning. Or fasting. Or carb-flu? Idk.

NOW I admit I'm really hungry, gotta go ask mom what's for lunch (cross your fingers it's something deliciously primal- otherwise I'll just make myself some eggs!)...
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast