Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tara Goes Primal en España.. page 5

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Haha dont see it as a re-do. See it as a learning curve. You now know what really tempts you/what places offer the most temptations. You can now plan accordingly. I would eat mroe fat in the evening to stave of snacks. AND/OR have a bowl of nuts/fruit ready to grab at night.

Im now taking a tablespoon full of extra virgin olive oil 3 times a day. Thats 120 calories of good fat per spoonfull.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

TaraMae is offline Member
    Thanks, Richard, as always, for the encouragement and for the great advice.. def going to have to use that bowl of nuts trick for nighttime snack.. what are your thoughts on greek yogurt? (Mom seems to like buying them for me now that I'm eating "healthy" haha) She also bought me (and Dad, who isn't primal at all but likes everything with full fat haha) real butter and whole milk!
    I know dairy products are always up for debate on the forums, but I figure if I'm going to have them, having them whole with their full fat and butter made from animal not chemicals is way better. I'm sooo happy.. lol

Lunch Day 1 continued...
    Beef tips? (Ternura) and mushrooms and onions and garlic and raisins.. MmMmMmm!!
    Veggies in lots of olive oil (trying to add more fat!)
    Half an apple
    Coffee and a half a chocolate chip cookie!! (I gotta be honest, right? I'll get it right next time..)

WOD: walked EVERYWHERE to the park and back played basketball with the family (well, except my sister because she gets mad so easily and refuses to play. Lil brat, lol.) It felt GREAT! A little chilly, but when you're moving it feels so good.
    I joined the gym in town and on Friday I tried playing with the little weights.. bicep curls and that stuff.. I'm STILL feeling it in my flabby arms today hahahha I'm soo weak, but I'm hoping little by little they'll get smaller and then tone up a bit :/

Dinner
    Spinach with Egg, Raisins, and Pine nuts
    Yogurt with nuts, strawberry, and honey.. (one of my fav treats from when I was a SAD calorie counter.. not the most primal treat, but I think it's okay for now...)

Not-So-Sneaky Snack:
    handful of walnuts
    1 piece of dark chocolate
    a couple slices of jamon serrano (fatty ones)
    mug of sleepytime tea (but reallyI'm craving hot chocolate.. gotta invest in some cocoa perhaps...)
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-28-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added lunch and dinner...
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Checking in! I'm alive! (And really considering going back to recording everything on here..)
    weight after lunch: 60kg

DSC08613.jpgDSC08610.jpgDSC08604.jpg
    ^brunch.
    coffee.
    fried eggs and avocado.
    salad (lettuce, green pepper, more avocado)
    used the leftover to make avocado egg salad and put it in the fridge.

snack:
    greek yogurt with walnuts and honey.
    tea with whole milk and cinnamon.
    WOD: The rowing machine at the gym! Only 8 minutes and level 3 but it's so fun and glad I got over my fear of machines. I also used 5kg weights for my arms and attempted some wimpy push-ups. But gotta start somewhere, right?

I'm a little disappointed in my "break" I took from working hard at making the primal lifestyle switch, but I refuse to give up. I read a few other blogs and it seems I'm not the only one who toyed around with it before really sticking and staying committed.
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Bienvenida de vuelta!
    Y el avocado con huevo frito tiene una pinta... mmm! Rico!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Okay, last night I avoided pizza night with two heaping servings of leftover peas. Haha. I probably overdid it, but I was happy that I didn't break down despite the delicious smell.
    However, prior to movie night (Ice Age 4... again), I snacked a ton.
    I know we're not counting calories here, but honestly until I can trust my body to know when to stop (and self control to not eat my boredom a veces) I need to be more conscious about how much food (primal or not) is passing my lips.
    There were bananas with honey, another yogurt with walnuts, cheese, and slices of pepperoni involved.

But! today is a new day and so far I've had:
    an apple
    a greek yogurt
    a handful of walnuts
    lots of water

and I went to the gym (with that cute boy I was talking about on the singles thread! the youngin' who coaches kids' basketball! teehee) and did a bit of cardio on the bike (relaxed pace- we were talking), and I did some squats and lunges and some machine thingy where while sitting down you use your quads to lift with weight up (I could manage 15). also the walk to the gym takes 20 minutes. (x2)

Basically, my return to the daily apple comes down to this piece of advice I read on the interwebs...
    "If you cheat, you are only cheating yourself. But NEVER quit. I don’t care if you ate Charlie’s whole goddamn chocolate factory, do NOT give up. You can do this! If you are struggling, reach out. But don't lose hope."
    newwwwbieeeee...

Bienvenida de vuelta!
    Y el avocado con huevo frito tiene una pinta... mmm! Rico!
    gracias! se siente bien empezar de nuevo (;
    y los huevos fueron delicioso.. la próxima vez creo que voy a añadir especias! jeje

Lunch
    salad of tuna, tomatos, lettuce, onion, and walnuts w/ balsamic dressing and olive oil
    pollo asado (¿rotissary? chicken) with oranges, pine nuts, and delishiousness
    apple
    coffee

more water! (:
    newwwwbieeeee...

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hola Tara. I'm glad you're not giving up. It gets easier to stick with as time goes on. Posting your meals does seem to help, I do it alot. I'm also glad you're finding the gym can be fun. I still remember the first time I went, I could hardly walk down the stairs to get out of the building! Have a great day.

Thanks, Annie!.. I'm definitely feeling it today!! my legs, butt, and lower back are killing me, and every time I go to pick something up (making a squat position) I have to go extra-slow! Hahaha.. it's so funny and I feel so weak, but I'm happy because it means I'm making changes! (:

Dinner last night (with the family):
    Puree naranja (basically a soup made of carrots, potatos, squash, celery, onion, etc.)
    2 baked fish sticks (I took the breading off with my fork)
    Greek yogurt cup with walnuts

Breakfast:
    Fried egg and avocado (someone has to use them up!!)
    Tea

Snack:
    greek yogurt cup with walnuts
    a spoonful or two of another batch of avocado egg salad while I was making it

and now it's almost time for lunch... (;
    Last edited by TaraMae; 03-03-2013 at 05:11 AM.
    newwwwbieeeee...

Lunch!
    Leftover salad (mostly the onions and tomatoes)
    Leftover rotisserie chicken breast (a BIG serving) with orange and a few pine nuts
    (NOTE! I think I ate a chicken lung. Good thing they do not smoke..)
    *making coffee in a bit*

Snack: Walnuts! (just a handful)

WOD: walked around the park with the little girl I give conversational English lessons to.. she "taught me" how to ride her scooter around a bit too! hehe

Dinner:
    Frozen veggies fried in olive oil
    Judías verdes (green beans? they're like the flat kind)
    Fresh strawberries with cheese, walnuts, and honey

Now, I'm craving more.. (I'm dreaming of ice cream, or even banana frozen) but I think it's not because I'm actually hungry.. more likely it's to put off working on my project for my Masters program.. it's giving me a twinge of anxiety because everytime I go to start it, I feel overwhelmed.. like I don't understand completely the assignment or the objective. Hopefully tomorrow's class will help me get some direction and focus...
    Last edited by TaraMae; 03-03-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added dinner and worries

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast