Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tara Goes Primal en España.. page 3

TaraMae is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good morning, Day 5!
    B:
    Honey-Lemon-Magic and a glass of water

plotting my WOD, but not sure what I should do..

L: A couple spoonfuls of vichyssoise, but I wasn't exactly sure what was in it. Plus, I get the vibe from stalking the other forums that cutting down on dairy could be good for me..
    2 pieces of chicken fillet cooked in olive oil in a pan, dipping in hot sauce or ceasar salad dressing on the side..
    a little plate of jamón fresh off the leg.. my FAVORITE!
    little taza of post-lunch espresso

S: Made an orange-banana smoothie with my English student (she wanted to show off the kid-friendly blender that Santa brought her).. but I only drank a few sips...
    D: Thinking about skipping it.. I'm not hungry, just want to eat because it's that time.
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-13-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added my lunch to the list ;)

Ya-hoo! Day 6!
    B
    Honey-Lemon-Magic
    Was in the mall with my mom and her friends.. they decided on some asian PASTA place. *facepalm* But, given the circumstances I THINK I did okay (but advice/cold hard truth may be in order..)
    Lunch: 1st plate- Spinach Salad with bacon and blue cheese and some sort of creamy dressing (YUM.)
    2nd plate- Curry chicken (hold the rice, please.)
    Dessert- No thanks, just coffee.

Snack: Green tea
    Dinner: Scrambled egg with tuna fish, apple, yogurt (sweetened with honey)

I still feel "hungry", but I'm going to bed. (I'm pretty sure it's that fake hungry.) This hasn't happened yet since I began eating primally.. and it's definitely a challenge for me!
    Chocolate/carb craving-attack coming on.. I feel like running downstairs to get a spoon and the nutella out of the pantry and having at it. But don't worry, I won't. Guess I'm just glad to know that I'll probs be getting my period in the next week sometime- I'll tough out the cravings like a big girl.

Also, I'm considering tweaking my body/hair/face care routine...
    I've been using honey as moisturizer, and I generally like that, but I looked at my facewash and cringe because of all the chemicals that are in that bottle.. What are people's experiences with using olive oil?
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-14-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added the events of tonight..
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Day 7 (rough patch.. 2 steps forward, one step back)
    B: ham and cheese cold cuts (one slice each), scalloped fried potatos (essentially hash browns), 2 slices of peperoni (or chorizo?), tea
    L: Too much! egg and potato omlette (tortilla española), with tomato frito (essentially ketchup :P ) an artichoke heart (I think?), and café con leche
    Walked 20 minutes (slow as a snail because I feel quite tired) from the bus stop to the library/class

::sighs:: I have an apple in my pocket to eat as a snack during class. We'll see if I need/want it. Tired, sleepy, restless-feeling, overall weird day so far today... hoping class will turn it around. (I'm 5 minutes late)

Day 7 goes on..
    S: That apple.
    D: Mom made green beans (judías verdes- the long flat kind) in a garlicy sauce.
    Also 3 little fish sticks- I scraped the breading off with a fork
    Postre: 2 small bananas (one with honey)
    WOD: walking from class to the bus, then from the bus stop to my house. (approx. 30 min)

Class was really good, kind of shook me out of this slump a bit, but now that I'm back home, I'm still restless ....and REALLY craving chocolate. Like really bad. :/ ::sigh::
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-15-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling as usual.. :p
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Hola, Tera! Benvenido! (I am trying to learn Spanish. I know many nouns, adjectives and adverbs but few nouns.)

I have been doing primal for almost 3 years. Doing very well for someone 70 in 3 weeks. I drink decaf coffee. Don't know how easy it is to get it in Spain. Coffee has tons of antioxidants. Mark drinks regular coffee daily. No need to cut it out unless it is actually bothering you.

Honey is still sugar. Maybe slightly better than white sugar. It is still sugar. Coffee with cream is more primal.

Mark and I also drink red wine more or less daily. No need to cut that out either if you can handle it.

Cheese and some other dairy is fine if it doesn't hold you back from weight loss or give you other problems. I eat lots of cheese and sour cream, use lots of dairy, and eat some yogurt and drink some milk. Oh, and use lots of butter, of course.

There is nothing primal about cutting coffee, red wine or cheese.

Buena suerte!
    Last edited by Hedonist2; 01-15-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

¡gracias! si quieres escribirme en español, esta bien
    Thank you for that advice!
    I've been using honey as a lifelife, but now that you've brought that to my attention- it's time to cut the cord, because perhaps that's why I'm still not losing any weight.. maybe I'll enjoy my "honey-lemon-magic" on the weekend, or only on Sundays, for example..
    and we have decaf espresso here, too (we buy it for when gma comes over, but now that means there's more for me!)
    I love me some red, red wine.. ::cue the music:: UB40 - Red Red Wine Lyrics! - YouTube
    Thanks for the encouragement! I woke up this morning and I feel pretty okay.. my cravings aren't as bad either.

I NEED to begin a more primal workout routine! (I just walk everywhere and jog on rare occasions).. To help motivate myself I bought new KICKS! (aren't they cute¿ on sale! hehe)
    DSC08464.jpg
    Tomorrow is the day I go with my friend M to her yoga class... my first one ever! Also, my next-door neighbor has a sort of gym in his basement, I've been considering asking him to use it a few days a week (we've joked about me coming over to use it before.. it wouldn't be rude-just unexpected from me hahah)
    BESOS! xxo
    newwwwbieeeee...

Day 8 (can't believe I made it a week! yupiii)
    feeling a little low today.. but could be that the weather is rainy, dreary, & grey..
    Breakfast: 2 slices of cheese, 3 of chorizo, 2 slivers of tortilla de patatas (scrambled eggs and potato), café con leche
    Lunch: salad with cheese and tomato (no dressing-didn't feel like it), more tortilla de patata, a bowl of crema de calabaza (zuchini cream soup.. it was a bit too salty for me), another café con leche

I feel heavy today, I think partly because I need to work out (for sure) and also I'm probably overeating a bit. It's probably best if I fast dinner tonight. Sometimes IF days it's hard because when Mom is home she makes me eat and says, "te estoy vigilando" (like, "I'm watching you.."). Also, she's home at dinnertime she makes bangin' meals that I can usually pick the meat out of.. Mmm..

Another thing that I should have taken note of before commiting to eating primal is my acne. I never really had lots of trouble with my skin, just a few dots here and there, especially when I get my period, but it seems to have gotten worse. But on average I never took note of it, I usually feel "pretty" with or without makeup, but lately that's changing. However, I have no proof-- it could be my imagination. Or my heightened awareness of my body, skin, hair, etc. Or que viene la regla-¿quien sabe? So, I'm really researching this oil method of skin care because I hate the idea of stripping my face "clean" with chemicals every morning and night. I think if I do decide to start using olive oil, I'm going to document any changes with pictures as well (like a science experiement!).
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-16-2013 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spellinggggg..

I didn't fast..
    Day 8 continued..
    At uni: Banana and green tea with milk
    Dinner: Salad (spinach, lettuce, tuna, goat cheese, olive oil and vinegar), pescado a la plancha (idk what kind of fish it was though..), greek yogurt
    Dessert: Banana with almonds... and HONEY. Couldn't resist.. next time I promise

In other news, I'm STILL freaking craving chocolate.. it just doesn't go awayy.. Also, I'm pretty excited about my very first yoga class tomorrow.. I hope I like it.
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-16-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    newwwwbieeeee...

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I love those shoes! I imagine they don't make them in size 13 though. I generally wear Converse All Stars most of the time.

si quieres escribirme en español, esta bien
    Gracias!

Had tortilla de patata at welcome reception for the Spanish class. Yum! I have never given up potatoes, although I have to restrain myself. I used to eat them 2 or 3 times a day. LOL

I'm glad primal seems to be going fairly well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Perdona la respuesta tardia!
    Cuando quiero hacer ejercicio en casa, normalmente hago calistenia. Tambien se puede comprar una barra fija bastante barata: nXis Door Doorway Gym Exercise Bar Pull-up Chin-up Push-up | eBay La pones en la puerta y puedes hacer una variedad de ejercicios con ella.
    Tambien yoga! Si no me crees, que puede ser intenso, haz 10 repeticiones del saludo al sol 10 veces. Te mata.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast