Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tara Goes Primal en España.. page 2

TaraMae is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Consider slowly eliminating the coffee. Maybe try Honey and Lemon. The honey gives your brain the sugar it wants first thing (thus doing the same job as caffeine. With an empty stomach which you seem to have this sugar will kick start your metabolism to burn fat. The lemon is great for your stomach, digestion etc.
    I just woke up over here, 11am, it's PERFECT timing to try this out.. How should I make it exactly.. like a few slices of lemon with a teaspoon or so of honey with piping hot water poured over it¿ Do you add milk or drink it plain¿
    I'm going to just boil water and pour it over two lemon slices and add a teaspoon of honey.. MMmmm!!

Honey is good for swtiching to fat-burning? That is EXCELLENT news!! I LOVE honey.. but I've been avoiding ingesting it at all because I just thought that because it is sweet it is bad for me.. so these past days I've been using it as a facial moisturizer in fact! hehehe
    Seriously Richard, thanks to you for this alternative (I bet I will like it a lot.. I drink téa sometimes, but I don't really like it because I don't use sugar anymore), and the reasons for switching over are great, too. My stomach and health will thank you I'm sure

Day 4
    B:
    Woke up and downed a few glasses of water because I was SO thirsty!
    Three sips of coffee, but poured it out upon reading this post with convenient timing..
    Then, HONEY-LEMON MAGIC.
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-12-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: spelling as per usual :p
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Haha dont thank me just yet. I would say to be careful with the honey you use. Some cheaper brands (not saying you buy cheap food - just a heads up) have alot of sugar. The honey I use is local and I know what is in it, which in the case of the stuff I use is essentially nothing, but the honey itself.

I hope you like it. Im lazy sometimes and drop in the honey (its thick and cant pour) and cut a lemon in half and squeeze in half a lemon (have s spoon ready to get out the pips).

Enjoy. Let me know that you think.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Yo me di cuenta de eso con la sed tambien: comer mas grasa y menos azucar = mas sed. Me parece que es porque se utiliza agua para metabolizar la grasa. O quizas porque cuando uno come pan or pasta, uno bebe mas, porque esta "seco", pero, al comer tanta fruta, verdura y grasa, no nos damos cuenta cuando bebemos menos!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Day 4 continued...
    Appetizers:
    lomo y queso (como 3 o 4 trozos cada uno)
    L:
    my FAVORITE salad in the world. Contains mango, apple, goat cheese, walnuts, raisins, cherry tomatoes, all on a green bed (dark green and some purple-ish.. not exactly sure if it was lettuce or what jaja)
    Glass of vino tinto.
    Paella. I ate the chicken, judías verdes, y setas (mushrooms) out of the rice. No one was offended, they just believe that I don't like the texture. That's fine with me.
    D: I said "no thank you!" 5 times to the ice cream and cake, and had instead three frozen banana coins.. AND café with a few drops of milk hot.

Huge birthday meal for my little brother with the other side of the family.. although I probably overate a bit, I stayed primal!! YUPIII! These guests left, and now we have a dinner with family friends to celebrate Reyes. I'm FULL from lunch today.. but we'll see how I feel once dinnertime rolls around. I feel like I had too much fruit, but I'm making progress as normally I would have had the ice cream and cake and a chocolate toffee. I feel really proud of myself because at breakfast everyone else had chocolate panetón (like sweet bread cake) dipped in hot chocolate. I did not partake-- success!

WOD: Went for a walk around the block with the family.. however it was freezing cold so it didn't last too long. I'm trying to convince my little brother to play Just Dance on the wii with me before the next group of people come over...
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Richard, I really love the lemon-honey drink!! Better than téa in my opinion.. ;D however, I do need to take a second look at where the honey is made, etc. I know that they sell "nice honey" in the stores, but I don't think our brand is local or anything like that..

Kochin, menos mal que no soy la única! Solo empecé hace algunos días, pero se nota mucho la cambia!
    Antes, tenía unas ganas locas de comer chocolate y helado, pero hoy fue muy fácil (¡sorprendente!) simplemente decir <<no, gracias>> cuando me han ofrecido tarta de helado y chocolate (¡y había polvorones de fresa y naranja.. mis ex-favoritos!)
    ...de hecho tengo más ganas de beber una taza entera de agua calentitaaa con limón y miel.. sentadita con mi libro al lado de la chimenea, ¡¡uyy, que gusto!!
    newwwwbieeeee...

Here's how it went down tonight with the company over for dinner. Again I said "no" to the offer of ice cream, bread, etc. it's getting easier and easier!!

Day 4 continued...
    Appetizers/Snacks:
    Jamón (cut fresh off the leg!), vino blanco, and and apple with cinnamon, paté (like meat puree)
    Dinner: a plate of the same salad we had at lunch

I was really disappointed because my mom made what would have been another perfectly unintentional primal meal (it seems she does that quite often- lucky for me! haha) of chicken, french garlic, carrots, mushrooms, black olives, and onion all cooked up in olive oil in a wok with wine sauce. HOWEVER, I watched her make it and was absolutely crushed/horrified when I watched her pour about a half cup of flour over everything and mix it in to "thicken" the sauce. So, needless to say I didn't partake.. which is okay because I'm not actually hungry anyway it just smells delishhh. Wah wah wah.

I'm going to bed now it's about 10pm on a Saturday but I'm really tired from staying out so late last night..
    Reviewing how my day went and how I feel right now, I'm thinking I will try to "fast" again tomorrow. I also feel like I ate too much fruit today (mangos, apples, raisins), so although I say "fasting" I guess it'll be more like only snacking on veggies.
    Thoughts? What am I doing right? Where am I going astray?
    Buenas noches, Sleep tight, Grok on! xxo

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing ok. If you are trying to lose weight be carefulaz with the amount of raisins you eat.
    Maybe you can ask your mother to use arrowroot to thicken the food when you are there.

Sounds like you are doing ok. If you are trying to lose weight be carefulaz with the amount of raisins you eat.
    Maybe you can ask your mother to use arrowroot to thicken the food when you are there.
    thanks for the reminder.. I'm definitely going to lighten up on the fruit.. no more raisins!
    ..or wine for that matter, haha
    And I've never heard of arrowroot before, definitely something to look into! Thanks!

I'm definitely looking forward to losing weight as part of going primal, who doesn't want to look hot in their swimsuit¿ hehe.. but I also want to be healthy and have the engery I hear everyone on this site talking about! My "breaking point" was trying to play tag with my little brother, and I was out of breath after only like 5 minutes! I felt pathetic! Also, my American Dad went 80/20 primal last year, and I saw the results (and of course, whenever I asked him what he did to get back in shape he RAVED about Mark's books)

So all of that combined is kind of why I started this lifestyle and this blog... I want to do it right and I want it to be for life.
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-12-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: added my little story ;)

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraMae View Post
    Kochin, menos mal que no soy la única! Solo empecé hace algunos días, pero se nota mucho la cambia!
    Antes, tenía unas ganas locas de comer chocolate y helado, pero hoy fue muy fácil (¡sorprendente!) simplemente decir <<no, gracias>> cuando me han ofrecido tarta de helado y chocolate (¡y había polvorones de fresa y naranja.. mis ex-favoritos!)
    ...de hecho tengo más ganas de beber una taza entera de agua calentitaaa con limón y miel.. sentadita con mi libro al lado de la chimenea, ¡¡uyy, que gusto!!
    Guau! Es genial que puedas rechazar tus polverones preferidos en solo cuatro dias! A mucha gente (sobretodo nosotras, las mujeres) le cuesta mucho eliminar or rechazar sus dulces preferidos tan rapido. Esta orgullosa de ti misma, ya que te lo mereces.
    Y si, yo tengo que beber mas o menos una taza mas al dia (esto es en Invierno y en Gales) desde que como Paleo. Estoy empezando a disfrutar una gran variedad de tes!

Por cierto, mis condolencias por lo del guiso. Es una lastima perder tan buena comida por la introduccion de harina!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

PrimalCon New York
    Guau! Es genial que puedas rechazar tus polverones preferidos en solo cuatro dias! A mucha gente (sobretodo nosotras, las mujeres) le cuesta mucho eliminar or rechazar sus dulces preferidos tan rapido. Esta orgullosa de ti misma, ya que te lo mereces.
    Y si, yo tengo que beber mas o menos una taza mas al dia (esto es en Invierno y en Gales) desde que como Paleo. Estoy empezando a disfrutar una gran variedad de tes!

Por cierto, mis condolencias por lo del guiso. Es una lastima perder tan buena comida por la introduccion de harina!
    ¡¡Kochii!! gracias por tu apoyo.. y es verdad que siento un poquitín orgullosa.. jeje me gusta la sensación del control que tengo cuando digo "no." Es como estoy cuidando de mí, y las cosas que me gusta están cambiando también! No vale para nada comer "solo un poco" de tarta.. si voy a comer un poco- voy a comer una enterita! jajjaa.. estoy descubriendo que (para mí) es más fácil cambiar todo a la vez.
    Supongo que en Gales hace muuucho frío en invierno.. estamos a 4ºC aquí y siento congelada! Quiero hacer footing por el pueblo pero el frío quita todas mis ganas... ¿Tienes un WOD que te gusta hacer dentro? Por ahora estoy usando el Wii Just Dance..
    y gracias por entenderme con lo del guiso, tiene una pinta deliciosa!!
    Bueno, supongo que ya sé como hacerlo, la próxima vez yo puedo prepararlo sin harina!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast