Thread: Homemade Breakfast page

timbagarnett is offline Junior Member

Question Homemade Breakfast

Primal Fuel
    Hi there,

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on what I've been eating for breakfast for the past few years.
    - is it primal?
    - anything to add/remove?

I basically mix one scoop of whey protein with two scoops of a seed mix that I created. I used to have this with full fat A2 milk and a frozen berries but have recently decided to turn what was a breakfast cereal into a breakfast bar by replacing the milk with coconut oil + water with the berries eaten separately (experimenting with reducing overall dairy intake).

The seed mix is basically made from flaxseed meal, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, seasame seed, chia seed, coconut, cacao, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, goji berries, and psyllium husk.

Now I've read Mark's posts about psyllium husk, as opposed to psyllium seed, not being primal so I'm thinking about removing it, although I've read other places that the husk does have a fair amount of soluable fibre. Despite this connundrum, I'd really appreciate your thoughts

Thanks!
    Mike

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it's basically primal.

i wouldn't eat it, but it's not grains/legumes, it might be high in PUFAs, and even with dairy it would be primal. you could use coconut milk or coconut cream instead of the milk.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Whey protein isn't strictly primal, but the other ingredients in your mix seems harmless enough. I'd rather eat bacon and eggs though, less complicated.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."