Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad slip-up :( But I think the diet soda rumors might be true... page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Not for me. Diet sodas and artificial sweeteners don't trigger any carb cravings, and I use artificial sweeteners daily in my coffee.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Another reason to stop diet soda is a recent study I saw on the news yesterday links diet soda to depression. Here is one link that chronicles it.

Drinking diet soda linked to depression - Vitals
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    The diet soda doesn't cause carb cravings necessarily for me. Just a desire to eat and eat and eat.

I've tried Zevia. Don't like it at all. We got a soda stream at Christmas time. We only use it to make carbonated water. Then I put fresh lemon juice in it and sweeten with liquid stevia. We call it fizzy lemonade and it is way better than anything Zevia makes.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    and yet I can drink a diet pepsi and it has no effect but a smidge of caffeine. I dont get those sugar crashes everyone claims it causes. go figure.
    Me neither. I have a long standing Diet Pepsi habit that didn't seem to slow me down one bit as I lost 60 lbs. It's the only soda and the only artificially sweetened drink I ever drink.

Too much alcohol on the other hand is the gateway to a carby gluten hell for me.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't increase my cravings either. I use splenda in my coffee every morning. I don't much diet soda while I'm deployed, mainly because it doesn't tase "right" here.

Besides, what else besides diet pepsi am I going to mix with my rum???

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Just a PSA.... I love soda. Never diet, but real coke, sprite etc. I discovered Kombucha. Have not wanted a soda since. I drink it a few times a week (it is expensive) and LOVE it after a hard workout- same time I used to crave a coke. For me, kombucha hits that exact craving without the sugar roller coaster.
    Kombucha is super cheap if you make it yourself . It never even occurred to me to buy it, but then again I'm not even sure you CAN buy it here! Oh, and it's very quick and easy too . I also find it's a great drink that substitutes for something fizzy... it even substitutes for wine (if I put it in a wine glass lol).

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Althaur View Post
    Doesn't increase my cravings either. I use splenda in my coffee every morning. I don't much diet soda while I'm deployed, mainly because it doesn't tase "right" here.

It's different there--you're probably talking about Coke Light? Cyclamates aren't banned in some countries, my husband mentioned the weird taste when he was in Iraq/Afg and I looked it up. Sodium cyclamate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    Kombucha is super cheap if you make it yourself . It never even occurred to me to buy it, but then again I'm not even sure you CAN buy it here! Oh, and it's very quick and easy too . I also find it's a great drink that substitutes for something fizzy... it even substitutes for wine (if I put it in a wine glass lol).
    you can in some health food shops or online. mojo is the brand.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Althaur View Post
    Real men drink tequila straight up. None of this frou frou stuff. Rum and Coke is for getting girls drunk in high school. Sheesh!

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    I have no problems whatsoever with diet sodas, so long as they're caffeine free. I noticed you said "Diet Coke", which would be a no-no for me as it is caffeinated.

But otherwise - no problem with diet sodas - can chug a 2 litre container with a dinner-only fasting day and not experience anything negative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast