Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do your co-workers watch you like a hawk? page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Do your co-workers watch you like a hawk?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started a new, awesome office job this summer. A couple months ago, I had to move my desk over by the corner window (nice), but in very close proximity to another co-worker. She always makes a comment when I don't eat lunch. Reminds me when my break-time is, ALL the time, comments on my noisy stomach growling/intestines eating themselves. Today she said "Are you going to eat on your 15 minute breaks (at 9am and 1:30pm), instead of your lunch time (at 11am)? I noticed your stomach doesn't growl anymore." Damn, woman! I need my lunch-time to make art, that's why I've changed my schedule (I'm up at 5am, now don't eat until 9am, instead of fast until 11am). So freaking nosy. Always offering me peanut M&Ms and gluten-free dessert crap. Grrrrrrrrr. Anyone else deal with this shit?

Sandamel is offline Member
    A little bit. My co-workers are a bit more diplomatic but I did get a raised eyebrow today when I ate 4 devilled eggs at lunch :-) And when I fast, if I dare say it's cold in the office, they blame it on the fact that I haven't eaten (rather than the fact that it's bloody freezing in the office and everyone needs a sweater...)

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Sorta. But it's not at the office. They know I'm more dicaplined then them, will research credible sources on nutrition, and are a little jealous of that. Now at home living with a CW nurse wife it's a bit different. Diner with her and the kids was a little quit tonight because I picked the chicken out of the chicken and dumplings and ate that with a big salad while they had a bowl of C and dumplings.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Today she said "Are you going to eat on your 15 minute breaks (at 9am and 1:30pm), instead of your lunch time (at 11am)? I noticed your stomach doesn't growl anymore." Damn, woman! I need my lunch-time to make art, that's why I've changed my schedule (I'm up at 5am, now don't eat until 9am, instead of fast until 11am).
    Ha!

So she was right

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    So freaking nosy. Always offering me peanut M&Ms and gluten-free dessert crap. Grrrrrrrrr. Anyone else deal with this shit?
    Do you think she's doing it to be friendly?

I love peanut M&Ms and wouldn't say no if someone offered one to me. It's much easier to stop at 1 when they belong to someone else.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Ha!

So she was right

Do you think she's doing it to be friendly?

I love peanut M&Ms and wouldn't say no if someone offered one to me. It's much easier to stop at 1 when they belong to someone else.
    She is just being friendly. And nosy. And pushy

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Politely ask your co-worker how many times per hour she passes gas while on the CW (gas producing) diet.....and just try to keep a straight face while asking! (please post video here).
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    All of my coworkers have gotten used to the way I eat. They don't even comment when I tear into a chicken with my fingers and eat nothing else. My wife expects it now.

Now, they WILL give me tons of grief if they see me eat something I normally avoid. I will hear hours of crap if I decide to be bad and have a Reese's PB cup. Rightly deserved I guess.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It takes a while, but they get over it.

There was this one chick who worked out in the office who would come back to the factory floor with a little basket of candy all the time and offer some to everyone. I'd always decline. She'd try something else. I'd decline. Eventually my supervisor just yelled from across the way, "Deanna doesn't eat anything. She lives on air!"

That was the point I knew my coworkers had accepted my "weirdness" - lol

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Althaur View Post
    All of my coworkers have gotten used to the way I eat. They don't even comment when I tear into a chicken with my fingers and eat nothing else. My wife expects it now.

Now, they WILL give me tons of grief if they see me eat something I normally avoid. I will hear hours of crap if I decide to be bad and have a Reese's PB cup. Rightly deserved I guess.
    Yup, THIS!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    I leave my Amazon Prime bags of canned sardines on my desk - half for the shock value. I eat raw carrots for breakfast at my cube. The funny thing is I actually met a MDA Grokette in the office who spotted my diet by glancing at my desk. The next day she brought me a paleo chocolate baked treat. #winning
    ad astra per aspera

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast