Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do your co-workers watch you like a hawk? page 4

Monk is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    It takes a while, but they get over it.

There was this one chick who worked out in the office who would come back to the factory floor with a little basket of candy all the time and offer some to everyone. I'd always decline. She'd try something else. I'd decline. Eventually my supervisor just yelled from across the way, "Deanna doesn't eat anything. She lives on air!"

That was the point I knew my coworkers had accepted my "weirdness" - lol
    lol

Monk is online now Senior Member
    Like most of you, at first, but not anymore. I was just a month in at my new position, when making the change. Normally routine is come in, kick my lunchbag under my desk, get to work, eat 7am or 8ish once the rush slows down. I didn't even get comments when I started tapping my hardboiled eggs on my desk, I think the three ladies I work with are used to my eating habits.

Wth the new year resolutions going around, it has been a bit annoying. The other day, the super started talking about how his wife and he are about to "eat less", I sat facing my computer tuning the whole thing out. If the others want to talk about it, please feel free, don't mind me putting my earbuds in and listening to paganradio or one of the local college radio streams.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    There's one really fit girl at work whose goal is to run 100 miles/month and ALL she eats is grains. I've never seen her eat meat. We don't get paid very well, so maybe that's part of it. Once in a while she has a bag of veggies, but its usually those K-Chip things, that are 110 calories for 26 chips. Who the hell wants to count your chips? She just eats them out of the bag. And candies/cookies/similar bready snacks. She often eats PB&J for lunch on white bread. I can't help but to think how she's in such fantastic shape if she eats like crap all the time.
    It also drives me nuts seeing people eat The Yopliat with its 36g sugar/tiny little cup. Nasty. And really, key lime pie yogurt? What the F is in that? Or a bag of that $1 microwavable rice mixes at the store. (I forget the brand name of them, I don't buy boxed items very often so I don't know this stuff) I swear I see very few of my coworkers eat meat and veggies unless we order sushi, pizza or subs.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    I work in an open style office with no real set times for work. ("As long as it gets done, who cares how long it takes you?") I also got first pick of desks, since I arrived on the job before anyone else. I picked the one in the back corner, so not only can they not see me, I come in at weird times, so we usually don't even cross paths.

I did, however, have the opportunity to talk to one of my co-workers about how I eat. She and I were both stuck doing a long project that lasted from 11a-5p daily with virtually no chances for breaks. Every day she'd complain about how hungry or cranky or tired she was and when she last ate was, etc. When she noticed that I didn't seem to be suffering like her, she asked what was up, and I told her about how I eat. She wasn't a fan. Oh well.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I told my co workers straight up that I have a gluten sensitivity which upsets my stomach a little bit so I switched to Paleo and I don't need Prilosec now. They were very accepting. When I show them my lunch of ground beef with tomato sauce, yellow wax beans and broccoli and tea, they are so totally mesmerized by the color that they totally forget to ask where the Bread Group is.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    Workmates seem to be getting used to what I have for lunch and it's not such a huge topic at lunchtimes anymore. At first it was all eyes on me discussing what I was having. Not so bad now though, and I figure they can hassle me as much as they like - I'm the one loosing weight and getting fitter & stronger lol

Addo is offline Junior Member
    I have converted three workmates to subscribe to Mark's daily posts........ Lots of primal foods being eaten and enjoyed in our little work hub!

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    I'm a Texan working in Egypt. Almost all my coworkers are Egyptian and are more curious than anything else. They shake their heads at my standup desk and refusal to eat the cookies they eat everyday.

But on the plus side, some of them are actually getting interested in what I do to stay healthy, maybe it will wear off on them.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    I'm slowly having a positive impression on my co-workers. While none have gone primal ( I have 8 other workers in my office) quite a few are eating healthier and cutting down on bread at least. I guess the evidence that the lifestyle works is clear when I'm 25 lighter after three months.

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    People consider me a fool with suicidal tendencies, who will die of brain ischemia within some months because of my high fat diet. Should I live more, I will probably end up with gout because of the meat. I am also lacking important nutrients, like fiber, because I do not eat bread and pasta. Finally, my 90% chocolate is some kind of masochistic auto-punishment.
    Oh, no... I forgot the most important. Finally: I eat rotten food (homemade sauerkraut) and poisonous mold (wild mushrooms).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast