Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do your co-workers watch you like a hawk? page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have found that if you look good, and you are doing something that another has defined as, "I could never do that," (eg. not eating wheat), they will often try to sabotage you.

As to the occasional Reese's, etc., I usually get this question because I drink clear spirits. My answer is that I get to pick my poisons, and I don't want my day to day food to be poison. I answer in a good humored way, because I guess there's some point to it, but I've never been much good at being a fanatic (I think).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

kitana is offline Senior Member
    All of my coworkers have gotten used to the way I eat. They don't even comment when I tear into a chicken with my fingers and eat nothing else. My wife expects it now.

Now, they WILL give me tons of grief if they see me eat something I normally avoid. I will hear hours of crap if I decide to be bad and have a Reese's PB cup. Rightly deserved I guess.
    This++

They can be awefully sweet though. The last time one of them brought in doughnuts, he brought me (and another co-worker) something we could eat instead. It was really rather thoughtful and I appreciated it.

I "quasi-fast" everyday and just swallow a scoop of casein powder in water around lunchtime. Nothing else, ever. So, my co-workers have gotten used to it but I feel bad when there is a food day. I'll bring in something for them to enjoy (chocolate fondue with pound cake) and then I just sit there. It's weird.
    But it is funny when one of them sees me and says "time for Wendy to drink lunch".

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Great thread! There is no one eating CW Healthy where I work. Only SAD processed crap. Except me of course. You know how some people have compared the primal/paleo way of life as being Neo living in The Matrix? That’s me.

The only time I eat around my coworkers is during lunch because I don’t snack and if I eat a breakfast it is before work. They don’t always say something but they always look to see what I brought. They know I eat “weird” food (ya know - meat, vegetables, fruit….weird food) and that I will refuse anything offered to me, so they gave that up a long time ago. None of them know I eat primal or paleo. Just that I’m “weird”. I’m also 55 pounds lighter and at 40 years old I sleep like a baby and am in the best health of my life.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    My co workers generally shake their head at weirdness in the fridge and assume it is me (it always is). The most offensive thing I bring is smoked smelt and occasionally left over liver. It is like a joke these days. I was eating seaweed and a coworker commented, "what now?"

Today I have nothing but a bunch of baked potato fries (different thread) and will eat in my office solitude because I just don't want to frickin explain.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    My co-workers watched me incredulously at first... then I lost 106 pounds. Then they asked me how I did it, and when I told them, they told me it was "too hard to eat that way".

Well, that's your perception, co-workers.
    Don't ask the question if you don't legitimately want the answer.
    Yeah, that frustrates me. People will ask me how I've lost weight and usually they only let me get about 15 seconds in and when they realize it's not some magic pill but rather diet and exercise that require some effort they always tell me that's "too hard".

I work in a very small office. My bosses (a husband wife team) are both CW "healthy" with tons of whole grains in their diets. Mrs. Boss is gluten intolerant but insists on having replacements for everything she's "missing" so she makes gluten free bread and baked goods all the time. She also has to cook everything separately because Mr. Boss won't eat anything if she tells him it's gluten free. He's convinced that means it will taste bad. She refuses to go 100% grain free because she's religious and grains are in the Bible and therefore that must be something we're supposed to eat. Don't get me wrong, I love my bosses to death, but they think I'm weird and I think they're weird when it comes to what we eat.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    She refuses to go 100% grain free because she's religious and grains are in the Bible and therefore that must be something we're supposed to eat.
    Oh my God. This woman belongs in a Coen Brothers' film!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

QueenOfTheDwarrows is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    She refuses to go 100% grain free because she's religious and grains are in the Bible and therefore that must be something we're supposed to eat.
    Do people forget that the Bible takes place in the ancient middle east? there really wasn't that much food to go around, they ate grains because they HAD to

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDwarrows View Post
    Do people forget that the Bible takes place in the ancient middle east? there really wasn't that much food to go around, they ate grains because they HAD to
    Are you talking about the fertile crescent?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I thought yesterday, for a brief moment, that I was going to be able to move my desk, but that offer was rescinded, so now I'm staying put, next to "It's you lunch time, aren't you going to go eat?" lady.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast