Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do your co-workers watch you like a hawk? page 2

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Try being a Registered Dietitian and eating lunch with co-workers! Lunch is noticed every day. Grocery cart is surreptitiously reviewed if I run into co-workers at the grocery store.

They really got a shock when I was doing the Potato Diet the last few weeks. Nothing but a big bowl of mashed potatoes and tea for lunch - several days in a row... Or chopping a whole avocado and dumping an undrained tin of tuna in olive oil into my salad. As my administrator eats his low-fat, 100 cal treat pack of little chocolate cookies and his diet Coke.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    If I had a co-worker who made so many comments on my stomach growling I would tell her that it makes me uncomfortable when people comment on my bodily functions and would she be kind enough to stop.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Althaur View Post
    All of my coworkers have gotten used to the way I eat. They don't even comment when I tear into a chicken with my fingers and eat nothing else. My wife expects it now.

Now, they WILL give me tons of grief if they see me eat something I normally avoid. I will hear hours of crap if I decide to be bad and have a Reese's PB cup. Rightly deserved I guess.
    Ditto! They think it's all incredible will power BUT, I appreciate it when they call me out

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    My co-workers watched me incredulously at first... then I lost 106 pounds. Then they asked me how I did it, and when I told them, they told me it was "too hard to eat that way".

Well, that's your perception, co-workers.
    Don't ask the question if you don't legitimately want the answer.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    My coworkers are all agonizingly CW, but harmless enough. They talk about their diets and exercise programs with each other all the time, but they never try to push their chronic cardio on me or tell me what I should be eating. Sometimes somebody will offer me something I don't eat but there's usually never an issue if I simply say no thank you, and by now most everyone knows that I eat "weird" stuff anyway. One time a coworker even thoughtfully made some cookies that she truly thought were grain and sugar free so that I could eat one with everyone else. Unfortunately they were made from a boxed cake mix and I had to explain to her that sugar and flour were in cake mix!

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Last month I munched the hell out of raw veggies at our weekly departmental meeting. I didn't realize the noise was bad until my immediate supervisor silently shushed me (finger to the lips motion.) Then the department head told me the next day to never do that again. Then last week we were all told no one is allowed to eat lunch at the weekly meeting anymore, even though they can sometimes drag on for hours.

I feel embarrassed and guilty for bringing this upon the whole department and simultaneously annoyed to be told when I can and can't eat. I'm already constricted a certain amount by not being allowed to eat at the public services desk, where I sit from 5-9 PM four days a week and all day Saturday. The only good news is I'm the "supervisor on-site" during those times and can leave the desk if I need to.

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    I work in a bull room style office with people everywhere. I enjoy heating up food and eating it in front of them as they eat sandwiches and salads and drool like pavel's dogs as they watch me eat!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    My work is accepting. A lot eat CW healthy but there is one other primal and another who has cut sugar (not grains) but sugar. So all is good.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    Last month I munched the hell out of raw veggies at our weekly departmental meeting. I didn't realize the noise was bad until my immediate supervisor silently shushed me (finger to the lips motion.) Then the department head told me the next day to never do that again. Then last week we were all told no one is allowed to eat lunch at the weekly meeting anymore, even though they can sometimes drag on for hours.

I feel embarrassed and guilty for bringing this upon the whole department and simultaneously annoyed to be told when I can and can't eat. I'm already constricted a certain amount by not being allowed to eat at the public services desk, where I sit from 5-9 PM four days a week and all day Saturday. The only good news is I'm the "supervisor on-site" during those times and can leave the desk if I need to.
    Ahh I had something similar (but different!) happen to me at work. I was told I could eat lunch at my desk if I had to, by my co-worker... so one day I was eating lunch at my desk. It was tuna. I guess I'd missed the memo that said tuna at work is VERBOTEN! Wow!

So yeah, I got told that it was incredibly rude to eat tuna at my desk (okay, I'd get this if there were lots of people coming in and seeing me eat tuna at my desk), and then my other co-worker told me that she thought everyone knew the "don't eat fish at work" rule. Nope... I didn't. Do now though!

So yeah, I'm sort of embarrassed... but also annoyed that I "can't eat fish" at work. Dammit I was getting sick of eating chicken!

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I was lucky and only got interest in what I was eating. I cooked a lot of Greek foods and in the town where I was living that was new and unusual. So most everyone would say "Wow...you always have the BEST FOOD". But I did have a coworker complain about leftover halibut warmed up in the microwave, though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast