Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Curious about waist measurement page 4

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm shorter (only 4'11") and I guess about 20lbs overweight, and my waist is 32". 27" is about what I REMEMBER it being before I started putting on weight!

It depends a LOT on your body shape though! I have never had a very tiny waist, even when I was comparatively slim. Some women are just built to have narrower waists than others!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    When I was a teenager, I always had a problem with pants fitting around my bum but being too loose at the waist.
    But have been overweight since I was 18, so I have no idea what my body shape "should" be now.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    When I was a teenager, I always had a problem with pants fitting around my bum but being too loose at the waist.
    But have been overweight since I was 18, so I have no idea what my body shape "should" be now.
    What proportion is your waist to your hips and bust? I think that gives a good indication of the sort of shape you'll end up. If your bust and hips are markedly larger than your waist, odds are you've got an hourglass figure, and you'll always have one. Of course, there's no way of predicting at this point where your waist SHOULD be. I can kinda... squish in the fat enough to see where my waist could potentially get to... but I couldn't do it when I was 14kg heavier because there was just too much fat to squish it in! Now, if I pull the tape measure around tight I can just get to 27"!

The fact that you had pants that fit around your bum and were loose at your waist, does suggest an hourglass type figure, which may predispose you to a narrower waist than a woman with a more rectangular figure. But only time will tell!

Well currently hips are 46 inches to my 40 inch waist
    Sigh! Will be much less than that soon!

I am 31 now, so that was a long time ago. And I have had 2 kids since then.

Opps measured it again, and 48 hips

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234