Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curious about waist measurement page 3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    5'2", small frame, hourglass figure. 26-28" waist, depending on time of year (higher in winter.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Interesting to see all the ranges. Bust is 34", waist at narrowest I've ever measured (around belly button) is 29", hips are at least 34", but I could be remembering wrong. Just to give you an idea of body type.

I'm 5'6" and currently about 123 lbs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Interesting to see all the ranges. Bust is 34", waist at narrowest I've ever measured (around belly button) is 29", hips are at least 34", but I could be remembering wrong. Just to give you an idea of body type.

I'm 5'6" and currently about 123 lbs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    thanks everyone for replying

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5'3"ish... shorter or taller depending on how I've slept and how relaxed my back is.

When I'm at a good weight, I've got about a 26" waist - but I have a curvy hourglass figure, so my waist tends to be smaller than a lot of women.

oxide is online now Senior Member
    I look like I have an hourglass figure because I have wide shoulders.

Pre-primal: 5'0", 112 pounds. Waist hovered around 26-27". On a very skinny day I've been 25".
    Primal: 5'0", 102 pounds. Waist 26."

Primal didn't budge my waist measurement at all! Probably because I don't IF or exercise like I should, and I bloat so easily that my waist is kinda stuck.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    5'3", 135 lbs, 33" waist. (At 195 lbs, my waist was 41".) My hips are 38" right now, so I'm pretty thick waisted, IMO, but I find pants are often loose at the waist even when they are tight in the hip. I'm not sure what to make of that.

When I was 20 and 120 lbs, my waist was 26". After 2 pregnancies and years of being over weight, I'm not sure if 26" is even realistic for me any more.

Does anyone else find it hard to get a consistent waist measurement? I can easily pooch my stomach out or suck it in and make a difference of several inches. Even when I try to hold it in a neutral position, I find "neutral" can vary by more than an inch. I do still have a good amount of flab around my middle, so maybe that's the issue?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    5"2" 118, 28 in. at the narrowest part of my torso which is well above my belly button. I carry all my padding in my lower abdomen, I'm also menopausal.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I am curious to what woman's waists measure, who are around my height (5'2").
    I am currently over 100 lbs over weight, possibly even 120 lb.
    My waist is 40 inches, down from around 45 inches.

I know every person is different, but just looking for a ballpark for a so called "normal" waist measurement, for a short, petite woman.

Would love any responses, on height, weight and waist measurement if anyone is willing to share.
    Or has anyone come across a chart of some kind? Google didn't help.
    I know I am a medium frame from wrist measurement.
    Are you sure of your numbers...they don't seem right to me....your weight seems about spot on for your height which would not be a waist that size.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yes I weigh almost 240 lbs, and am 5'2".
    Did you think I was saying I was 100 or 120 lbs? That is how many lbs overweight I am.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast