Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aged Cheddar Cheese Question page

Guerir is offline Junior Member

Aged Cheddar Cheese Question

Primal Fuel
    I am following the program in order to lose weight and I'm finding that I'm getting very tired of eating meat. I have 2 primal cookbooks and I just need a break some days. Can I switch off to old cheeses (ex: aged cheddar with vegetables or eggs) 50% of the time?

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Try it and see how you feel. I eat lots of cheese. It is a rich source of vitamin K2. It can stop fat loss though. Experiment. 50% of the time might be too much.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Most likely not, if your only goal is weight loss. You don't have to eat a ton of meat, there are these delicious things called vegetables.

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    If you are just trying to lose weight it comes down to calories. There's no real need to suffer and not feel good about it. If your sick of it your probably doing something wrong.

Cheese is good to go but just watch the calories you get from it. Bring in some nice animal fats, herbs and spices and enjoy your meals. Cut down on the meat if you eating big portions of it.

It's about calories.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Cheese is good up to a point so long as you have no intolerance

What about seafood?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Yes, and it's likely preferable

there are these delicious things called vegetables
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Most likely not, if your only goal is weight loss. You don't have to eat a ton of meat, there are these delicious things called vegetables.
    I'm sure the OP was asking because they feel that protein intake would be low if they didn't focus a lot on meat, which is why cheese is in question.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    If you're trying to lose weight, dairy is one of the foods you should probably avoid. HOWEVER, this is entirely dependent upon your own individual results. MANY people have a difficult time losing weight so long as they continue to eat problematic foods such as dairy and unsprouted nuts/seeds, but this is certainly not true for all people.

Try eating cheese for a week or two -- take note of how you look and feel (energy levels, bloating, etc.). If you start to feel more lethargic, develop skin issues, or feel bloated or puffy, remove it from your diet.

Some alternative sources of protein: sprouted nuts and seeds, eggs, sprouted brown rice and sprouted quinoa (if you tolerate these well), potatoes and sweet potatoes.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    If you're trying to lose weight, dairy is one of the foods you should probably avoid. HOWEVER, this is entirely dependent upon your own individual results. MANY people have a difficult time losing weight so long as they continue to eat problematic foods such as dairy and unsprouted nuts/seeds, but this is certainly not true for all people.

Try eating cheese for a week or two -- take note of how you look and feel (energy levels, bloating, etc.). If you start to feel more lethargic, develop skin issues, or feel bloated or puffy, remove it from your diet.

Some alternative sources of protein: sprouted nuts and seeds, eggs, sprouted brown rice and sprouted quinoa (if you tolerate these well), potatoes and sweet potatoes.

I found that when I was losing my initial weight, cheese was no problem at all. Many lunches were little more than a hunk of goat cheese and some roasted veggies. Before I curbed my wild hunger pangs, I'd often have a slice of cheese when I got home to satiate. Sometimes all-veggie dishes don't stick to the ribs, so I'd make gratins (cauliflower, e.g.) or dishes incorporating cheese. It's all good if you don't overdo it. The idea is to have enough richness that you don't need to overeat, and won't feel hunger calling again later.

It's really something I think you need to try out and see if it works for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast