Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal eating & Living a busy life page 3

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Intermittent fasting.

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    The above suggestions are all good.

I'd say make your freezer your best friend. But not just in terms of ready-to-go meals (e.g. frozen quiche or frozen Paleo lasagna). I buy 3 or 4 pounds of ground chuck and brown it all at once. Then divvy into 1 pound servings and freeze. Since it's already cooked, it's a snap to make things like Paleo sloppy joes, chili, meat sauce, etc.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    There are always crock pots for sale at the thrift store.

Intermittent fasting is another option.

Sometimes vegan and raw vegan foods will do in a pinch. You just have to find salads and things without soy or wheat.

If you're not cutting carbs, you can keep a bag of potatoes or sweet potatoes in your office and nuke one in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 3-6 minutes. Goes good with your canned meats.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoBlog View Post
    I recently got this one, and it's awesome!

Wolfgang Puck 6-Qt. Electronic Multi-Cooker with Dual Heating Elements

Comes with a few different settings and the interface is very easy to navigate. A nice feature is that it comes with a separator so you can cook different things at the same time.
    Yes I read your blog post sadly amazon uk don't seem to sell it.

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    IF is actually an interesting option basically cutting calories drastically or completely and then consuming 1 or 2 big meals later in the second half of the day.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I do IF for at least a meal per day on work/busy days - it just feels natural/better for me.

I know as much as possible (without being "that guy") about the ingredients at the food spots near my office, so if I need to go buy something, I know what's good (pay per lb salad bar), better (fiveguys bunless burger w/ extra veg), and best (chipotle carnitas salad). I also know exactly which energy bars have objectionable ingredients (Lara Bars are generally the best, followed by any given raw vegan bar)
    Anything that's RAW vegan is okay, but not always ideal (often high carb/sugar).

I keep primal pacs, paleo kits, canned fish, primal trail mix (raw nuts/seeds, coconut flakes, dried fruit & chopped up dark chocolate in a quart size bag), tea, some dark chocolate, and seasonings (sea salt, a pepper grinder, evoo, acv, hot sauce) in my desk. I usually have some hard-boiled eggs in the fridge; if not, there are several places near work that have them (even though I'd rather make my own).
    Avocados, tomatoes, bananas, apples and other fruits are also things I carry around
    Those roasted rotisserie chickens from the supermarket are great too - I try to get them from a place with free-roaming chickens, if possible.

Crockpot meals = awesome, batch cooking = awesome, and actually writing out a meal plan (or putting it into an app) = awesome.
    Last edited by PrimalMama; 01-09-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123