Thread: They're getting closer! page

Stu
    Stu is offline Member

They're getting closer!

Primal Fuel
    Just saw this article on Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,591285,00.html.

Apparently the govt, and FDA are going to make a push to limit the amount of salt Americans eat in order to prevent high blood pressure and thus heart disease. Granted if only they knew to tell everybody to avoid processed foods in general that salt would not be an issue.

Anyways thought it was interesting!

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member
    We don't need the government telling anyone what is healthy and what's not. What happens when they decide primal eating isn't healthy and ban butter and eggs? People need to educate themselves and make their own decisions. The government needs to stay as far away as possible.

Stu
    Stu is offline Member
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly. They have a poll where you can vote on what you think about govt regulating what you eat. I am not a fan of govt regulation, it only causes problems.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    +1 to the last 2, which is why I will be voting for RP. And no one turn this into a political thread. That energy can be used for something much better.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I, for one, wish that the FDA would speak out against HFCS. I don't even think I would be opposed to regulating it.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Ha every single bit of processed food in America is swimming with rancid soybean oil and HFCS and they point the finger at the salt?

*titter*

You guys are fucked!

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Maybe because there might not b any Salt Lobby Or some greedy hi wig family that runs that business

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Regulating fast food doesn't sound like a bad idea, and I'm not sure it's technically "the govt telling us what to eat." The govt just told restaurants they can't have (or at least, need to cut) trans fats in CA. That was a good thing. I wouldn't mind them cutting HFCS out too.

All tax money politics aside, since I don't eat fast food, I don't really care.

Stu
    Stu is offline Member
    Salt is the geeky kid at the school who always gets picked on by the big bullies (HFCS) who manipulate the teacher (FDA) to blaming things on salt. Fat is salts friend he wasnt at school today so thats why he is not getting blamed!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Government regulation can't do much in my opinion. The FDA just listens to the pharma/agra industries command to pass a thought. As said above, I think salt gets way too much heat for what's the fault of other ingredients.

If people want to get healthy, it is in their hands. Your best vote is your dollar, because every dollar decides which companies control the country and which politicians work for those companies.
    Last edited by EGYnutrition; 04-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com