Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tai Chi anyone? page 2

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    For Jui Jitsu the Gracie Combatives DVD's are fantastic if you have a dedicated training partner. My training partner is an Army level 4 combatives intructor and a MMA fighter and we are working through the Gracie program together and he learns new things every time we train. Rolling with him sucks{he is 6' 5" at about 230) and he kicks my ass twice a week. Great practice though.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I am too perfidious by nature to believe claims from instructors, especially paid ones, about my limbs moving by themselves...isn't like 80% of the population susceptible to placebos and psychocomatic sensations? Isn't it likely that some old-ass chinese men just had a bunch of idiots hero-worshipping them?

That being said I used to do tai chi and loved it. Once I put my brother through the kitchen wall with an excellent tai-chi learned stepping trip, as he was choking me.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Tai Chi is so low impact it barely qualifies as exercise. I think it would be more conducive to just meditation.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Tai Chi is so low impact it barely qualifies as exercise. I think it would be more conducive to just meditation.
    Looking for active rest and moving meditation. I've been doing the eight simple qigong movements twice a day for the past couple weeks rather than finding an instructor or buying any DVDs. I like it. 5-10 minutes of gentle motion with breath. Fits what I was looking for quite well. I'm a little too competitive.... that was my problem with yoga. As soon as I found out there were more advanced poses thats all I cared about.... moving to the next level. Anyhow, glad to see so many responses!

Haven't given up on jujitsu either. Found out there is a class at a nearby YMCA that I might get into. They even have a "competitive jujitsu" one.... oh yeah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12