Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who use baking soda/apple cider vinegar in their hair page

For those who use baking soda/apple cider vinegar in their hair

I'm trying to go the no 'poo route and I'm having some issues with dandruff. I've only been doing it a few weeks. Every couple days I'll wash with baking soda and do an apple cider rinse and on the days in between I'll just rinse my hair out with water. The grease isn't really a major issue since I have a crew cut. However, I can't seem to shake the dandruff. What else could I do?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting enough Vitamin D & zinc?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried no-poo (yet) but while doing research about it I found this:

Home Made Anti-Dandruff Shampoo | Natural Living Mamma

I think the trick is the essential oils.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried no-poo (yet) but while doing research about it I found this:

Home Made Anti-Dandruff Shampoo | Natural Living Mamma

I think the trick is the essential oils.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Are you getting enough Vitamin D & zinc?
    Not sure. I started taking a Vitamin D supplement last week so hopefully that will help.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I'm on the same N=1! There's a thread going at the moment http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74809.html and there's some really good tips there. I think baking soda actually dries the hair out. I did a rinse with nettle tea last night and it worked quite nicely.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ItalianPaleoDude is offline Junior Member
    I tried the no-poo for a while but didn't work for my dandruff. It was making my hair very dry and impossible to comb.

Moreover I had the feeling my head was never clean enough and so I came back to zinc shampoo which is so far the only thing that works. But will try again in the future..

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    If it's started since starting baking soda, it's over-drying for your scalp.

consider washing with water for several days, hen doing the baking soda 1-3x a week and see what happens.

ItalianPaleoDude is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Zoebird. Will try that..

I heard also that some people use egg yolk and/or honey.. does it make any sense?

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast