Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rage, adrenaline rush page 2

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm off the alcohol too, and was a fairly regular drinker. Probably changing things too much at once to nail it down.

Regardless, I feel really good and am down 5.5lbs after 7 days!

I just thought I would re-visit this thread for an update.

After my first week, my rage issue went away. I'm just over a month on Primal now, and I can honestly say that I am more emotionally and mentally healthy.

Other than being totally suckered into a stupidarguement with a troll on another thread, I've experienced very little anger at all since my "rage-out" sessions a month ago. The emotions I do have are much more appropriate to the situation.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    I just thought I would re-visit this thread for an update.

After my first week, my rage issue went away. I'm just over a month on Primal now, and I can honestly say that I am more emotionally and mentally healthy.

Other than being totally suckered into a stupidarguement with a troll on another thread, I've experienced very little anger at all since my "rage-out" sessions a month ago. The emotions I do have are much more appropriate to the situation.
    Hi itchy, when I read this thread I wondered why you said you'd only been on PB 7 days. Now I know.

After 'carb flu' for the first week, I had spasmotic periods of really accelerated heart beat, pulse rate, etc., that would last 5 to 15 minutes. Now that's all gone. Maybe that's the female comparable.

Now I've started wanting to eat flour-containing snacks. Each week, for the last 3, I hunt for that kind of snack, buy one, then at home the next day, read the increadients more carefully and throw it out. This could get expensive.

But, hey, I've been eating flour all my life. There's an excuse for my habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Hi itchy, when I read this thread I wondered why you said you'd only been on PB 7 days. Now I know.

After 'carb flu' for the first week, I had spasmotic periods of really accelerated heart beat, pulse rate, etc., that would last 5 to 15 minutes. Now that's all gone. Maybe that's the female comparable.

Now I've started wanting to eat flour-containing snacks. Each week, for the last 3, I hunt for that kind of snack, buy one, then at home the next day, read the increadients more carefully and throw it out. This could get expensive.

But, hey, I've been eating flour all my life. There's an excuse for my habit.
    At least you are throwing them out!! Try to buy from the clearance bins _ products that are past the due date. You're not going to eat it anyway!!

tech_hunter is offline Member
    Some rage, but more of the sex drive. Thankfully, after a few weeks, it leveled a bit, the husband was getting tired. :P

Sure seems like the testosterone gets to shine in the sun again. Does wheat and sugar help estrogen production to overshadow testosterone?

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I never understood how traffic doesn't regularly turn into all out massacres and multi-generational bloodbath family feuds.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I never understood how traffic doesn't regularly turn into all out massacres and multi-generational bloodbath family feuds.
    Wonderful mental picture

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I regularly emerge from traffic bathed in the clotted gore of all those who dare to putter around, gawk, swerve, drive below the speed limit, cut me off, or attempt to pass in a closed lane.

Oh, and nude, possibly screaming.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12