Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which muscle is this? (picture included) page

SpearCarrier is offline Member

Which muscle is this? (picture included)

Primal Fuel
    Could someone please help me out by telling me what this muscle is? I believe it is the front deltoid, but I may be wrong.... It is in between the shoulder and chest.

Could someone also tell me the best exercise to isolate and build this muscle, as I seem to missing this muscle on my anatomy lol. I am lean and muscular but I seem to have NO mass in this area.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    The attachment hasn't been approved yet. Look here and see if you can find it: Muscle Diagrams of Major Muscles Exercised in Weight Training
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Thanks for the link but unfortunately it didn't help - it hasn't got that muscle labelled lol.

If you look at the link you sent me and check out the frontal picture, it's the muscle between Pectoralis Major and the Deltoid.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I know it appears that the pectoralis major is 3 different muscles, but in every anatomy chart I've seen, all of those are just referred to is pectoralis major. You can work the entire muscle effectively by changing the angle of your work- IE including incline lifts, flat lifts and decline lifts + flys when doing bench press.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    is it in your chest or your shoulder?
    Billie trips balls

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearCarrier View Post
    If you look at the link you sent me and check out the frontal picture, it's the muscle between Pectoralis Major and the Deltoid.
    Sounds like Pectoralis Major to me too. Exrx says it's the clavicular head: Pectoralis Major (Clavicular Head)

This is what bodybuilders call the "upper pec" and you can target it with incline presses.

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    The above folks are right, it's part of your pecs. You can't really target it apart from the rest of the chest. You can do bench presses at a slight incline which will help though. It doesn't need to be a steep incline though. The steeper the angle, the more your shoulders will be pulled into the effort. Some people also swear by various versions of cable flies as well.

Thanks guys, I will start doing some weighted incline push ups and maybe add some incline presses when I get a bench in my dungeon.

I think the problem is, I do a lot of one arm pull ups, dips and weighted push ups... this has made my chest strong and slightly defined, but obviously neglected the upper area of my chest - whoops lol.

There is a tremendous variation in the muscle mass "potential" from person to person and even within specific anatomic regions on the same person. In my case - it's the biceps. They're strong - I can curl a 75 pounder on each side - but they're not large by comparison with other men and they never will be. In fact, they appear almost puny at the beach. Due to my neurologic efficiency, I'm able to move a lot of weight without the giant muscle mass in that area.

Working the pecs in any way will work all the regions of the pec to some degree. That is, if you do a flat bench, the upper, lower and middle portions will each do some work - the middle taking a bit more than the upper and lower. Inclines will slightly favor the upper portion and declines somewhat favor the lower portion. Bottom line, all portions ARE working to some degree during any contraction of the muscle.

The bottom line is that you should have some definition in the upper - even if you're not doing anything to "isolate" that region of the muscle. It's possible that you could draw it out a little more with incline benches - or maybe that's one of your areas which won't show after any amount of isolation and no matter how strong the area is.

Of course, we can't see your picture - so this is all conjecture anyway.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    It's probably the "Clavicular Head" (upper muscle) of the Pectoralis Major group, if it's between the PM and the Deltoid.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast