Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Does It Take You to Workout? page 5

Primal Fuel
    Okay and thank you very much for share this link.

Okay and thank you very much for share this link. ....................................

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    move

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    When I do weight lifting it takes about 45 minutes to an hour or maybe a little more. I'm older and it takes a long time to rest and it takes a long time doing all these damn warm-up reps and swapping plates around.

When I go hiking I can take hours. Today I hiked from 9 to 2:30 with 12 miles and 3200 feet elevation gain (and loss). We could see all 8 Channel Islands, the snowy peaks of the San Gabriels and we think maybe even Mt. San Jacinto but I'm skeptical. If there hadn't been other mountains in the way for sure we would have been able to see Mt. Whitney and the High Sierra. Taking all day is the whole point of it.

I may not be recovered by Monday morning for more lifting. God only knows when I'll be recovered enough to do any sprinting.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

^SB seriously consider the "Body by Science" approach. More intense sessions, but done in 12-15 minutes and you only need to do it 1-2x/week to see results. I'm a male in my mid thirties and get good results with this. Same with my wife. Just saying, unless you just LOVE being in the gym, or have some very high hypertrophy goals the BBS program would be more than enough for you.

Well, supposedly the Starting Strength workout only takes 30 minutes. And the even longer StrongLifts program is also supposed to take 30 minutes. I am just not that adept at trading out all the plates and not as fast at resting. I don't really mind that much. Sometimes I'm back at my desk a half hour before it's time for work so I've got the time.

I was also suggesting it due to its perspective on exercise and rest. HIT routines look to maximize rest and recuperation between bouts of stressing the muscles. In fact exercising TOO frequently is far more frowned upon than taking a bit of extra rest. With your burnout issues and hurting for extended periods I think you might get something out of at least seeing the reasons behind a longer recovery period.

I suppose if all I wanted was a great body that would be fine. But I also want real strength. I'm not ready to give up on real strength yet even though it seems I have hit my limits of strength quite a bit sooner than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I suppose if all I wanted was a great body that would be fine. But I also want real strength. I'm not ready to give up on real strength yet even though it seems I have hit my limits of strength quite a bit sooner than most people.
    Huh? All I was talking about was strength. Dunno where you got any other idea from. Ripptoe and the like don't own the trademark on strength.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Life-long greasing the groove. I workout in the elevator with dips and leg-lifts, I do push-ups, play on playgrounds, etc. Rarely longer than ten minutes. BUT about twice a week I do an hour-long cardio-esque bicycle ride to a local park and do a lot of monkeying around, running, jumping, plyometrics, mostly arm-stuff and a little frog-leaping and such. It's all combined because I'm pretty much just playing by myself, so my whole body gets used. Then I rest, go again, rest and ride home. The ride home is where I start to feel like I did anything.

Will have access to the employee gym, soon, so I can start lifting heavy things again. Ever since I moved I haven't lifted my weights, since they are nowhere to be found. Got that boulder, but it's always wet and dangerous...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast