Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Does It Take You to Workout? page 3

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Depends on the day. Today I had three different workouts at about 5-10 minutes each, full body, the last one followed by delicious roasted chicken and sweet potatoes!

Most of the time, I just do once a day for about 10-15 minutes.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    When I lift (SL5x5) it takes me over an hour, but that's because I'm at the point of needing 3-5 minutes rest in between sets. Most other workouts (bodyweight, sprints, etc) take far far less time, probably closer to half an hour.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    less than 20 min.
    when i lift i do not take rest between sets.
    Few but ripe.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecole66 View Post
    The idea that you might be doing to much never seems to enter peoples minds. In my opinion the formula should be how much is required to to make your body adapt not how much your body can tolerate before regression.
    Its nuts but its conventional wisdom at its finest. The fitness industry pushes the more is better mantra and almost everyone believes it. Even here. I've done that too, but many years ago. 2 hours in the gym!?!?! LOL How many days a week? 5-6?? LMFAO

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    When I lift (SL5x5) it takes me over an hour, but that's because I'm at the point of needing 3-5 minutes rest in between sets. Most other workouts (bodyweight, sprints, etc) take far far less time, probably closer to half an hour.
    Are you doing multiple main lifts in a session or something? I have to confess that I'm not all that familiar with SL. I'm doing 531 and even with longer rests between working sets, I still get done my main lift and assistance work in 30-45 minutes. Spending over an hour on a lifting workout seems excessive.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    What is the book about?
    It's a book by Stuart McRobert about gaining strength/muscle. It's full of great information and I find it very motivating. Everyone that lifts weights should read this book. Honestly, I try to read it once a year. In fact, I'm going to start re-reading it tonight!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I did 9 months of SS with poor results, and on top of that I kind of injured my lower back by doing goodmorning squats but I wanted to keep training so changed to P.H.A.T (at least for the moment) which is about 1,5-2,5 hrs per workout

I thought that was you that posted the vid on bb.com

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    I thought that was you that posted the vid on bb.com
    The form check? Yeah because I injure my lower back (or hip) and wanted to know why exactly
    Billie trips balls

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    If you made poor progress on SS the answer is NOT to increase your volume. You are well on your way to over training and all that comes with it. Unless you have superior genetics for body building and are taking steroids, you simply can't train that much. You certainly can't train hard enough to stimulate growth for that long. If I put you through my workout and you tried to carry it on for even 30 minutes you would leave the gym in an ambulance.
    Then what is the answer? Already tried 6000 calories a day..
    Billie trips balls

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    I really hate to go to the gym. I could spend 2-4 hours in my dance studio, several hours walking or hiking outside, once in awhile biking with slow pace, an hour or so for Pilates. I do sweat but not tired at all when I do anything under 2 hours. I do these activities because I really like them and they seem to treat me well in return. I wish I have more time and sunshine in the day for fun outside activities. It's rare in Seattle, WA area.
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast