Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: How Long Does It Take You to Workout? page 2

  1. #11
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    30-45min. 90min - 2 hours seems very long to me... what the heck are you guys doing?
    I did 9 months of SS with poor results, and on top of that I kind of injured my lower back by doing goodmorning squats but I wanted to keep training so changed to P.H.A.T (at least for the moment) which is about 1,5-2,5 hrs per workout
    Billie trips balls

  2. #12
    Fernaldo's Avatar
    Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    889
    Strength training 35 minutes. People could probably cut out 50% of the crap they do in their lifting workout. After reading Beyond Brawn, I made a concerted effort to minimize my workouts. And the last 6 months I have seen more growth and strength and I'm doing way less.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

  3. #13
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Strength training 35 minutes. People could probably cut out 50% of the crap they do in their lifting workout. After reading Beyond Brawn, I made a concerted effort to minimize my workouts. And the last 6 months I have seen more growth and strength and I'm doing way less.
    What is the book about?
    Billie trips balls

  4. #14
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,846
    Anything other than going for a walk I'm done in 15-20 minutes MAX....Thats for any of my routines. Actually here is this weeks breakdown.

    Thursday: Big 5 BBS routine 15 minutes

    Sunday: Deadlifts 5x5 took about 15 minutes

    Today: HIIT 8x30sec with 1 minute active rest ...12 minutes

    Walked the dog and went for jogs on other days, but I don't time that. Its all part of my normal DLA's.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-08-2013 at 01:12 PM.

  5. #15
    AlexChaos's Avatar
    AlexChaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30
    Hour long + workouts? Holy sh1t guys.

    My workouts are usually between 20-30 minutes. Sometimes I'll hit 7-10 minute workout hard.

  6. #16
    Forever Young's Avatar
    Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    York Pa.
    Posts
    592
    Today My workout took 5-1/2 minutes followed by a good 3 or 4 minutes sitting before I could walk. Hours in the gym? That is straight up crazy!

  7. #17
    Forever Young's Avatar
    Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    York Pa.
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I did 9 months of SS with poor results, and on top of that I kind of injured my lower back by doing goodmorning squats but I wanted to keep training so changed to P.H.A.T (at least for the moment) which is about 1,5-2,5 hrs per workout
    If you made poor progress on SS the answer is NOT to increase your volume. You are well on your way to over training and all that comes with it. Unless you have superior genetics for body building and are taking steroids, you simply can't train that much. You certainly can't train hard enough to stimulate growth for that long. If I put you through my workout and you tried to carry it on for even 30 minutes you would leave the gym in an ambulance.

  8. #18
    Owly's Avatar
    Owly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    I'm in the 30-45 minute range, including a rower warmup, main lift, and assistance lifts. I sometimes do tabatas on non-lifting days, and those take 4 minutes.

    I don't have time for an insanely long workout. I have no idea how you guys fit that into your schedules.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  9. #19
    ecole66's Avatar
    ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    If you made poor progress on SS the answer is NOT to increase your volume. You are well on your way to over training and all that comes with it. Unless you have superior genetics for body building and are taking steroids, you simply can't train that much. You certainly can't train hard enough to stimulate growth for that long. If I put you through my workout and you tried to carry it on for even 30 minutes you would leave the gym in an ambulance.
    The idea that you might be doing to much never seems to enter peoples minds. In my opinion the formula should be how much is required to to make your body adapt not how much your body can tolerate before regression.

  10. #20
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,191
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    Today My workout took 5-1/2 minutes followed by a good 3 or 4 minutes sitting before I could walk. Hours in the gym? That is straight up crazy!
    Heh, yeah. My workouts usually take about 7 minutes.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •