Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Search of Greener Pastures page

murf73 is offline Senior Member

In Search of Greener Pastures

Primal Fuel
    Something has to give. Something has to change. Because frankly, I'm obviously not doing something right. Here I am at 19 years old. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditits. I have miscarried three times in a year. I have no energy. I sleep horribly. I'm constantly fighting depression. I feel like I should be vibrant and healthy at this point of my life, but mostly I feel good when I can slug though a day. I live in a mental fog.
    I found out about MDA a few months ago. It's principles rang true, and I have always felt that diet played a major role in my health issues. But I didn't do it because I was trying to get pregnant and worried that it would be unhealthy to cut grains at that point in my life. But here I am, officially labeled by my doctor as a Recurrent Miscarrier. My TSH is higher than it's ever been.
    So, here's my resolutions for 2013. A year I hope to be full of health, vitality, making peace with my body and a healthy baby.

1. Completely transition, cold turkey, to Primal. (I started on Saturday).
    2. Go to a Naturopathic Doctor and find out if I have other allergies.
    3. Exercise more consistently.
    4. Lose 12lbs
    5. Get pregnant with a baby that sticks after previous health goals have been achieved!
    Also, here are my stats. I'm not really looking to lose weight, but I want to write them here so I can see if there are changes:
    Weight: 137lbs
    Height: 5'5"
    Bust: 37"
    Arms: 10"
    Neck: 14"
    Waist: 30"
    Hips: 36"
    Thigh: 23"
    Calf: 14"
    Last edited by murf73; 01-08-2013 at 07:27 AM.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    welcome aboard, and good luck with making the babies.

it sounds like all your issues probably stem from your thyroid issues, so this should help a lot. it's amazing how many women can miscarry because their thyroid. my wife's endocrinologist gave her the numbers once and it was mind blowing. it's probably a good idea to eat plenty of plants and animals from the ocean as part of your primal eating.

So far I've been doing well with my goals. Today I set up an appointment with a naturopathic doctor! My appointment is on February 1, 2013! I hope this is helpful. I've exercised everyday this week. I do something different everyday and am pretty relaxed about. Last night I did 30 minutes of weight training. It was fun.
    I think the funny thing is that I haven't really been tempted food-wise. I thought it would be super hard to cut ALL grains. Doesn't really faze me. I guess I just really want a baby badly and it seems like a no-brainer choice. I mean, really, who would choose a piece of bread over a baby???
    I hope this is helping my thyroid and immune system...

Wow!! I can't believe how GREAT! I have been doing! A bunch of really annoying health problems have disappeared! I can sleep through the night! No nightmares! No hunger headaches! I can go 7-8 hours without eating and not be in pain! No stomach pains! I'm never starving! I've been exercising about 3 times a week and actually enjoying it! I can't believe I am actually losing weight as well! I'm down to 133! I can't believe I have no desire to cheat! Usually on a diet I cheat after about 2-3 days. My husband says he has never seen me looking this healthy and happy!
    I see the naturopathic doctor next week. Also I am seeing my regular doctor to do more blood work to figure out why I've been miscarrying.
    I can't believe I was once a vegan. I love orgnanic butter too much. Everything I cook is drowning in it!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    Wow!! I can't believe how GREAT! I have been doing! A bunch of really annoying health problems have disappeared! I can sleep through the night! No nightmares! No hunger headaches! I can go 7-8 hours without eating and not be in pain! No stomach pains! I'm never starving! I've been exercising about 3 times a week and actually enjoying it! I can't believe I am actually losing weight as well! I'm down to 133! I can't believe I have no desire to cheat! Usually on a diet I cheat after about 2-3 days. My husband says he has never seen me looking this healthy and happy!
    I see the naturopathic doctor next week. Also I am seeing my regular doctor to do more blood work to figure out why I've been miscarrying.
    I can't believe I was once a vegan. I love orgnanic butter too much. Everything I cook is drowning in it!
    Wow! Amazing progress already. Congrats!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure your naturopath will check your D3 level, but just in case, ask! Getting off gluten and getting her D level dialed in helped a client of mine stay pregnant after 4 miscarriages.

I sure hope so, Dragonfly.
    So I remeasured myself today. Defintely a lot of improvement.
    Weight: 137lbs-133lbs
    Height: 5'5"
    Bust: 37"-34" (I went from pregnant boobs to not-pregnant boobs, so that change is understandable.)
    Arms: 10" Same
    Neck: 14"- 13"
    Waist: 30"-28" (Definitely happy about this one!)
    Hips: 36"-35"
    Thigh: 23"-20 3/4"! (This one blew me away!)
    Calf: 14" Same (That's good, I like my calves just fine the way they are

I recently had my D3 levels checked. They were awful at 19! I'm on a supplement. Wish it wasn't so
    cloudy here or I would try to get some natural sun

Well, today I am cutting dairy and nightshades. Hopefully this will further help my autoimmune disorder. Also, I found out the hard way that I have very bad reactions to seaweed. I ate some the day before yesterday and yesterday and both times my face got SUPER red, I got a rash on my chest, I had nightmares both of those nights, and I've been feeling tired and foggy again. Sigh. No more seaweed for me! I guess I should have known better.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Getting your D3 level dialed in will really help your inflammation/ fertility issues. How much are you taking?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast