Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh That Boss of Mine... page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Cool Oh That Boss of Mine...

Shop Now
    Today my plump boss told me she's on a diet. But unlike me, she's gonna loose weight the healthy way.

So she sat down at her desk, ready to eat breakfast. She had two different Kashi granola bars, an orange, and a banana. She asked me what I had for breakfast and when I said "well, I don't eat breakfast all the time but today I had a couple strips of bacon" she said, "Oh you have to eat breakfast every single day or else you'll get fat. But oh boy, men are so lucky. They eat anything and loose weight." Not true, I've been a man for quite some time now and not until I found PB did I loose a single pound in my 10 years of trying to loose weight.

So anywho, she sits there and adds up the calories in her two Kashi bars, orange, and banana and says, "Oh darn... I'm gonna need more. See... I need to eat 500 calories for breakfast to stay on track. This is all good, I've got my good carbs, lots of fiber, and potassium."

I just smile and nod. At least she's trying...

::UPDATE:: I just saw what she brought in for lunch. A microwave diet pasta meal. Only 250 calories! (with 48g carbs and 940 sodium)
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    LOL! We've all been there at some time in our past. It's sad to have a crystal ball and be able to see 100% into the failure that is her future. You're doing the right thing, though. At some point, she might come around to the truth. Until then, not much you can do.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Try leaving a copy of PB on her desk?

At least she's trying...
    Yes... VERY trying, I'll bet.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

haha@ griff

This is my creationist boss... the PB would go on the burning pill along with Harry Potter, The Golden Compass, The Origin of Species, and 4th Grade Science Textbooks

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Ah well then let her ruin her health. Health is for those who embrace truth

Oh I'm terrible. I find it increasingly hard to care about other people getting it horribly wrong. Most people don't like to admit that they are wrong and correct the mistake and they would rather suffer in silence than swallow their pride.

Must be horrible for intellectually honest creationists. The cognitive dissonance must be unbearable!

I am really trying to be accepting and nice but as days go by it gets harder to be pleaseant to such people. I can of course bite my tongue for the sake of my job. But some of my friends have become such pricks to me for loosing weight and doing so while eating tasty meat and veggies. I've never realized how much of a hold food (bad food that is) has on society and what an outcast one is seen for eating healthy. Just because I say no to cookies or chocolate cake I get 20 questions including the whole "you're young, you can eat this... I can't (says the 45 year old fatty scarving down a plate of cake)"

Sometimes it drives me nuts!

dfast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    I've been a man for quite some time now

Made me LOL.

Last year when I was a big fan of CW, I was looking forward to my trip to Florida this summer (volcano permitting!) because I could finally try Kashi products! Oh, how I longed for Kashi cereal with Hood Calorie Countdown milk (which I consumed gallons of on my first trip a couple of years ago). Now I'm worrying slightly about being able to find grass-fed beef...I don't suppose Publix or Walmart have particularly large sections devoted to fresh, organic and grass-fed meats?!

Quote Originally Posted by dfast View Post
    I don't suppose Publix or Walmart have particularly large sections devoted to fresh, organic and grass-fed meats?!
    that made me LOL!

you may just have to eat primal without the benefit of organic or grass-fed

Geoff is offline Member
    @Hallowprince - Is it possible that the frustration you are feeling stems from the fact that your respective diets and other beliefs fall outside of the business of work? Basically what you and she eat or think about creationism has nothing to do with your company's work or the supervisor/subordinate relationship, and it could be the inappropriateness of her comments in that context that is irking you. Yes, I know it's not practical to work with others and keep it "strictly business, all the time." Still, if you get further comments from her or other co-workers about what you're doing in your personal life, I'd suggest that you politely change the focus from a "friendly" conversation to one more appropriate for co-workers talking in the workplace. If someone says you could eat the cake. Reply, "Of course I could, but if I did then I'd be cranky and falling asleep at my desk. You wouldn't want to be working with me, and I'd be getting no work done." If your boss pushes the carbs on you tell her that you are more productive and focused on the job if you abstain. When you politely turn the focus of a workplace conversation to work it has a way of disarming people without seeming unfriendly or inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by dfast View Post
    I don't suppose Publix or Walmart have particularly large sections devoted to fresh, organic and grass-fed meats?!
    If you're going to Florida, skip the grass-fed beef. With all of the fresh, local seafood easily available there, there's no need to over-spend at the grocery store for beef. Save your cash for organic butter for dipping lobster or dolloping on grilled mahi.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-20-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Ha I love the "you're young, you can handle it" argument. How the heck do they think that people get into the position where they can't handle it?

Physical aging is accumulated damage which takes place within the confines of time, not because of time itself.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast